The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The BEST Rope I have EVER USED! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 15:16, Al Angello wrote:
Most magic shops sell 7/32" cotton rope for cut and restore, but I use Neal's 1/4" cotton rope for my cut and restore. It is what old time magic shops used to sell, but Neal is the only one who still sells it. I really don't know anything about Neil's super rope.

He didn't send me any cotton.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Oddly enough (as Ian mentioned above) I have found that I enjoy using Uday rope too, when I am not using Loftus. The Uday handles quite nicely, looks good from stage (at least that has been my experience thus far) and works very well in all of the routines I do. It really is nice for the price.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 14:07, paulapaul wrote:
Thanks for the info magicmanfrank, and all. I was about to ask about good rope, currently being sold, in a new post ... and decided to google "best magicians' rope" instead. Sure appreciate the tips. I have written Dany to see if he has the BTC3 in stock. Again, thank you, all.

Glad to help!
I wouldn't recommend something if I didn't use it myself!
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Magic Castle Swap Meet this Saturday 4/14, I will be a vendor there again. This time, however, there will be limited amount of inventory. If you plan to show up, show up early!

Dany
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Dany,

I just checked your site; 3 to 5 months till you have the BTC3 rope? I was hoping that just hasn’t been updated lately. Wow - how did you let yourself run out of that?!

Thank you.

Jim
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Hi Jim,
Somehow it just became the most popular rope! I will update you once they are restocked. I have some 25ft packets of them if they will hold you up for a little bit, let me know.

Dany
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Dany,

No thanks - I'd rather wait for the larger balls to become available. Got me some Loftus rope and a bit of Uday in the meantime.

Thanks!

Jim
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of mickym
Hi,
Can someone recommend a good book on rope magic?
Thank you,
Micky
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Try "Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks for Magicians" by Stewart James. I found one used on Amazon for a pittance.

Jim
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
I was wanting to know how the rope in this thread compares to the rope used in the slashed effect? Thanks RNM
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-06-01 12:00, Red Neck Magician wrote:
I was wanting to know how the rope in this thread compares to the rope used in the slashed effect? Thanks RNM

Which rope in this thread? A few different ropes are mentioned. And what rope is used in "the slashed effect"?

Jim
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
The baronian trading rope compared to the rope used in the slashed effect?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22825 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-06-02 15:47, Red Neck Magician wrote:
The baronian trading rope compared to the rope used in the slashed effect?

Scott Alexander's effect uses a very thick soft rope. I do not believe any standard magicians rope will be the same, is it would Scott would be marketing his effect. That is his holdup, trying to obtain the rope he uses.

Of course in the end, rope is rope and if you are not a perfectionist, then most any pliable soft rope will work. Scott is choosing his rope for many other reasons then just thick and soft, visibility, handling, etc.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Hello all,
It's been a while since I've posted. As most of you know, I've been out of rope for several months. I wanted to let you know that the ropes are on their way and should be arriving to the Port of Los Angeles on/around Oct 9.

Dany
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
What kind of rope does Daryl use?
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Daryl has been using BTC3 lately.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I still have some Baronian rope left.
http://www.rope.ws
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
I use.... whatever my local magic shop has XD, it's a little more expencive than I would like to pay for it, but my only other options is driving for hours to get it for 10 cents cheaper (although in comparison I've found that the rope my magic shop is better than the cheaper rope at the other one). I think when I get the money I'm gonna try some of this baronian rope, it's quite a bit cheeper than I can get it for anywhere I know of arround me, if it's as great as people make it out to be it will be impossible to be dissapointed
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Ian, Any BTC2??
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
*************UPDATE*************UPDATE*************UPDATE*************

Inventory is being restocked tomorrow! Just in time for the holidays!

Dany
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The BEST Rope I have EVER USED! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL