The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who's your favorite football team? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Who is your favorite football team and why?

My favorite team is the Green Bay Packers because with Bret Farve they have a chance to when the Super Bowl every year.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
488 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Oakland Raiders !! They have already won the Super Bowl, quite a few times. Smile
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Well, I'm from England so I don't have a 'local' team. But from many years back my team has been the 49ers.

But my football team is Manchester United. Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
246 Posts

Profile of gocall911
The Falcons they are always fun to watch and with Vick you never know what will happen. It also helps that Mike Vick comes from the school I want to go to in a year or 2 VT! They look like they have a good year coming up with the younger Vick hopefully being something like his brother but that is a big shadow to fallow in.
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
OK. I'll get one from either side of the pond: New England Patriots and Ipswitch.
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I currently live in Canada, but I was originally born in Texas, and I will always be a die hard Cowboys fan( and an even bigger fan of their cheerleaders!)....ok let's hear the insults... Smile

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Jax
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Jax
My two picks are the Miami Dolphins and the mighty Tottenham Hotspurs
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Quote:
On 2003-08-11 04:22, Jax wrote:
... the mighty Tottenham Hotspurs

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Quote:
On 2003-08-11 00:14, Peter Loughran wrote:
I currently live in Canada, but I was originally born in Texas, and I will always be a die hard Cowboys fan(and an even bigger fan of their cheerleaders!)....ok lets here the insults... Smile

P.

I'm with you on the 'Boys and the cheerleaders! And I've gotta mention my beloved Longhorns.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
Love my Atlanta Falcons. Watching Vick is like magic. Seeing him zing a pass 60+ yards with just a flick of the wrist is stunning.

Also think the Detroit Lions are going to surprise some people this year.

Heard it here first.

JR
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
jonesc2ii.

mmh! Oxford..thats more than 50 miles away from Manchester..guess you fit the main criteria for a Man U supporter.

Jax,
Well done for supporting your local team.

Me? well..I'm a Rugby League supporter by birth (Castleford Tigers)..but I won't give Jones2cii any prizes for guessing which Yorkshire Premiership team I support.

howard
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10786 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Howard I like the British Bulldogs.
and the Palermo Godfathers

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
PACKERS, packers, PACKERS
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Well, rugby is the national game here, so I would have to say The Chiefs (local team) and The Crusaders (Team from my place of birth). Of course very few of you will even know what/who I am talking about, but that has never stopped me speaking before!!
If you want a more international team, then I would have to go with the English amogst us and put my vote in for a true 'Foot'ball team - Manchester United!

As for American Football, I can only put my vote in based on movies I have seen, and my vote would have to go to.....all the cheerleaders!!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I prefer Canadian football (CFL) to American (NFL) and yes the rules are different (only 3 downs, bigger field, etc.)... So in that regard my favourite team is of course the BC Lions. Local, exciting, and usually a decent shot at the Gray Cup (91st Gray Cup this year, I think?).

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Ah yes the Cr_ppy Football League(CFL)...just kidding Reg. Actually I live in Canada, However I never really liked the CFL for a few reasons:

1) The end zone is twice as big as the NFL's
2) Because of the only 3 downs rule, the game is pretty much all passing, and no running
3) and this is the big one, Why in the world would they put the uprights (the field goal posts) at the front of the end zone????????? Why? that is so silly, watching guys trying to pass and run the ball around these things...it's quite comical.
4) the talent isn't always there... the CFL is made up of mostly players who weren't good enough to make it in the NFL, so sometimes the quality of the game play is a lot lower than the NFL.
5) there just isn't enough teams.

I will give the CFL credit for one thing:
Although I mentioned the fact that the league usually isn't as talented, the players seem to play with more heart and play harder to better themselves as players. They don't seem as ruled by money and the big contracts that the NFL is plagued with.

Reg maybe you can share with us some of your reasons why you perfer the CFL. I know a lot guys who do perfer the CFL, so I am always curious as to why.

BTW Wolfgang, yes the beloved Texas Longhorns, and the Aggies.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
GIANTS BABY!!.. Come on! Any other New Yorkers out there with me!?
Justin David Smile
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Dallas Cowboys are my favorite football team.
Threeatms
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Threeatms
Why only NFL teams? How about them Gators? Go UF!!

I guess if I HAVE to pick a NFL team it would be the home team ... Tampa Bay. Thank God we are finally winning more than we are losing!
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Quote:
On 2003-08-14 05:50, Peter Loughran wrote:
Ah yes the Cr_ppy Football League(CFL)...just kidding Reg. Actually I live in Canada, However I never really liked the CFL for a few reasons:

1) The end zone is twice as big as the NFL's
2) Because of the only 3 downs rule, the game is pretty much all passing, and no running
3) and this is the big one, Why in the world would they put the uprights(the field goal posts) at the front of the end zone????????? Why? that is so silly, watching guys trying to pass and run the ball around these things...its quite comical.
4) the talent isn't always there, the CFL is made up of mostly players who weren't good enough to make it in the NFL, so sometimes the quality of the game play is alot lower than the NFL.
5) there just isn't enough teams.

I will give the CFL credit for one thing:
Although I mentioned the fact that the league usually isn't as talented, the players seem to play with more heart and play harder to better themselves as players. They don't seem as ruled by money and the big contracts that the NFL is plagued with.

Reg maybe you can share with us some of your reasons why you perfer the CFL. I know alot guys who do perfer the CFL, so I am always curious as to why.

BTW Wolfgang, yes the beloved Texas Longhorns, and the Aggies.

P.

Gosh Peter, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you about a couple of those points. Why do I prefer it? I find the game has a different feel to it. The ball seems to move more to me, there seem to be less "slug-a-thons" with 300+ pound players just crashing into each other like surf on the rocks (due to the bigger field perhaps?), players aren't banned from doing their end-zone hijinks, and they seem to play with more heart—in short it's just more fun. It's the only professional sports championship in Canada that has only Canadian teams (except for that brief little bit with Baltimore etc.). The salaries and egos are not ridiculous. The "big game", the Grey Cup, is often REALLY exciting and can come down to the last few seconds instead of being some insane 74 to single digit blow-out you only watch for the multi-million dollar commercials...

But about those points:
1) I like the bigger end zone; you have more room for some great passing touchdown plays.
2) I still see a lot of running, but less than the NFL it is true. I find the great passing to be a lot more exciting than the "smash through and run" tactics you see over and over again in the NFL. This is one of the principle things behind the "feel" I mentioned.
3) Never even thought about this one before! I find the NFL version seems weird. Toe-MATE-toe / Toe-MAH-toe I guess. Avoiding it is just a strategic part of the game.
4. I agree, this is often true, and alas it is due to lack of $$$$.
5. A few more would be nice, but I find the NFL has WAY too many. This is another point dependent on $$$$ of course.

I don't expect to change your mind (flavour of football is like religion to many fans), but I hope this helped you understand what the attraction may be!

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who's your favorite football team? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL