The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who's your favorite football team? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Flores Magic
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
54 Posts

Profile of Flores Magic
BRONCOS! ALL THE WAY!
" Pick a card, any card "
brianmayo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of brianmayo
Smile Smile Smile Go Colts!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Raiders. Smile Every team in the N.F.L. gears up to play them. Almost always the best game on T.V. every weekend.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
[quote]On 2003-08-15 00:27, Reg Rozee wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-08-14 05:50, Peter Loughran wrote:
3) and this is the big one, Why in the world would they put the uprights(the field goal posts) at the front of the end zone????????? Why? that is so silly, watching guys trying to pass and run the ball around these things...its quite comical.

3) Never even thought about this one before! I find the NFL version seems weird. Toe-MATE-toe / Toe-MAH-toe I guess. Avoiding it is just a strategic part of the game.

The NFL had the goal posts on the goal line until 1974. It definitely affected the strategy of the game--the direction a runner would go or the route a receiver would run. It's what they used mean when they ran a "post."
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
New York Giants a fan Since 1951.

through the good and bad times I bleed Giant Blue
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
BlakeBlair
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny So. California
111 Posts

Profile of BlakeBlair
University of Hawaii.... Rainbows !!

Now tell me what other football team would be so bold enough to call themselves "The Rainbows" Smile

Go Hawaii

bb Smile
FuFanu.. Two Cards Torn & Restored...

Are You Ready ?! Its here !!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks for sharing your opinions with me Reg! Smile

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
JohnJoeGreen
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of JohnJoeGreen
As I live in the UK my favorite football team is NewCastle United. We actually use our feet, not our hands. Your football game is like our Rugby game but we don't use the body armour, hard or what. I like your baseball better than your protective handball.
We only use helmets when riding very very high powered Motorbikes.
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Quote:
On 2003-08-11 15:18, hkwiles wrote:
jonesc2ii.

mmh! Oxford..thats more than 50 miles away from Manchester..guess you fit the main criteria for a Man U supporter.

Jax,
Well done for supporting your local team.

Me? well..I'm a Rugby League supporter by birth (Castleford Tigers)..but I won't give Jones2cii any prizes for guessing which Yorkshire Premiership team I support.

howard

Yeah, but I was born in Accrington, which is just down the road from Manchester, and I've supported them for 25 years, even when they went through a rough patch (before the Premiership even started). Smile Smile

Good luck to Leeds. Hey, you never know... they might not get relegated. Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Pros: Minnesota Vikings

College: USC (No, not South Carolina.)
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
jones2cii

Manchester..Just down the road...25miles.

The legendary Accrington Stanley
Blackburn,Burnley and possibly Preston, certainly Bolton,Bury,Oldham and Rochdale were more local.

I lived in Bolton for a spell in the 70's and used to watch Bolton,Bury and Oldham - they needed the support more.

I hope you watch Oxford Town every now and then?

Do you think Chelski will beat the Mighty Reds this season ?

JonjoeGreen

NFL ..yeah and all the goal kicks are straight in front of the posts. Easy or what?

Reg and Peter.

re item 3. From a players point of view at field level - it's easier to judge where the endzone begins when the posts are at the front.
Howard
Smile
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
jonesc2ii wrote:

'Good luck to Leeds. Hey, you never know... they might not get relegated.'

Ouch Howard! That's gotta hurt!

As for Chel$ki being a threat, your guess is as good as mine. Ranieri has bought reasonably wisely, in my opinion. No one too flashy, and mainly Premiership-tested. Still think they're lacking up front, though. And no matter how big and deep the squad is, you can only field 11 players at any one time. Be interesting to see how they gel. Chelsea fans should look forward to flashes of occasional brilliance from Veron, surrounded by injuries and infuriating inconsistency; plus at least a story a month that he's back off to Italy, which he will then subsequently deny. The other point about Chelsea, of course, that respected journalists are now intriguingly alluding to, is that they might not have the money that they think...

I think that Arsenal still pose the biggest threat to my team (Manchester United), and I am pleased to observe that the psychological problems which I believe beset the Gunners last season (arrogance/hubris/persecution complex/bad losers) seem to plague them still. Before anybody accuses Manchester United of suffering from the same afflictions, sure we've indulged in such sentiments on occasion (partly I feel to create a siege mentality and a good team spirit), but from the outside, Arsenal seem to WALLOW in such feelings, and they still seem to believe their own publicity.

Newcastle might be a dark horse, but my mind goes back to last season when we played them at St James' Park, when they were still in with a shout of the title, and we beat them 6-2. It will be interesting to see if they can cope with the pressure a little better this year.

As for the Red Devils, well we've sold and bought pretty well I feel (midfield looks alot more solid and varied, and Ferguson might have lucked out again with Ronaldo, having missed out on Ronaldinho). Still think we're a defender or two light, Barthez looks surplus to requirements, and if anything happens to Ruud...

One final comment, now that I can look on Beckham as just another player rather than as a member of my team, I begin to see why some opposing fans don't like him. Hmmm. He is in the paper a lot, isn't he?

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Beckham IS brilliant though. And he still plays for our team, England!

I think Chelsea will be a real threat in a couple of years but I would be surprised if they settle down to business quickly enough to win much this season.

Last season in the Premiership Arsenal recorded 55 yellow cards and 3 red, United totalled 46 yellow and 1 red. At the end of the day it could be another case of Arsenal blowing it due to a lack of discipline. So far they've played 2 games and have had 2 red cards (and it could have been more).

Ronaldo looks like the next big thing from what I've seen of him. Not many 18 year olds stroll straight into the premiership and turn the game in their favour (down both flanks too!)! If he stays fit and motivated it looks like he could have been the bargain of the decade. And I can't wait to see what Ronaldinho makes of him when we face them in the Champions League!

hkwiles, 25 miles IS just up the road! Look, I had two brothers, one supported Everton and the other supported Liverpool. So I supported Man Utd.

Besides, this 'support your local team' thing is total nonsense! Since when have Henry, Vierra et al been local boys? And van Nistelrooy's not exactly local either.

Maybe if Accrington Stanley hadn't lost their place in the league the way they did I would have supported them too. At the end of the day I'd rather watch top quality football and take the insults that come with winning than support a third rate local team and take the insults that come with losing. Not that there's anything wrong with losing, I just don't need to spend my time watching a poor quality game when I could be being entertained by the best in the world.

Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Football(soccer):The great Swansea City FC (top of divison three so don't mess you bl**dy English boys Smile ).

Rugby: Neath Swansea RFC-but I don't care really.

Baseball: Seattle Mariners (of course). Any other brits watch channel 5 baseball occasionally?
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
Holy Berlitz, Batman!

I know these guys are speaking English because I recognize all the words... just not the order they're in!!!

As for football, I just hope that my fantasy football players decide to stay healthy all year. My team last year scored like this year's Dodgers (they're a baseball team for all you across the pond and who are now screaming about mixed metaphors).
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who's your favorite football team? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL