The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Banachecks PK Silverwhere DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

koan
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
63 Posts

Profile of koan
Anyone know if this title will come out on DVD anytime soon. Still waiting (I don't own a VCR)

Thanks,
koan
if a dove appears in the woods and no one is around to see it... is it magic?
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I would really enjoy if it did. This is on my current next purchase list. But I think the tape has been in VHS format for quite some time. Sadly I have little hope that it will hop to DVD any time soon. But then again Banacheck posts here, so perhaps he has some information on it. - Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Yes GF is right you should ask him directly, he appears sometimes on this forum.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
MagicMaker
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of MagicMaker
I just ordered this tape yesterday from Penguin Magic, and can't wait to learn the magic. Yes I tried looking for this on DVD because tape is so antiquated these days, and I hate rewinding. Also I always have a fear my tape will be eaten by the old world devices of yester year, hence losing my investment..grr!
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
We had planned on redoing the tape with added bends and other objects on DVD, however, last minute Murphies dissallowed such action. As a result we did tape some bends with other objects and a couple of spoon bends and switches for L&L with a slew of other mental magic type effects. The bends on The PK silverware tape are NOT ON THE DVD.

Not sure when DVD's will be available. We do plan on putting pk touches on DVD, and PK time at some point in the future. Those we still hold all rights to Smile
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Huw Collingbourne
View Profile
Loyal user
Devon, UK
201 Posts

Profile of Huw Collingbourne
"When you say "The bends on The PK silverware tape are NOT ON THE DVD" does this mean that the DVD will have new material or that it will omit some of the material on the tape?

I too have avoided buying the tape thusfar in the hope that a DVD might be released.

best wishes
Huw
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
Huw, I think he means the DVD has new bends, and will not contain the material from the Psychokinetic Silverware video.

To be honest, it's not one of those massive tapes which you have to re-wind constantly to learn the information, which is what the fuss is about over the DVD, with the fact that you can go directly to any bend. It's taught very well, and I learnt just fine from it. I don't feel there's a need to transfer it to DVD.

Regards
wiggys
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of wiggys
Banachek, I bought the VHS tape recently and I think it's great. For me, the strongest part was the right at the end when you put the fork on your hand and got the guy sitting down to stroke it - looked fabulous, everyone really thought the guy was bending it.

If you do another tape I think you should start off with a live performance and then go through the explanations, instead of putting the live performance at the end... I learnt a lot from the live performance, but it can be a pain having to fast forward to the end of the tape to watch it again.
BonzoTheClown
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of BonzoTheClown
Mike, there is a need, I gave away my VHS player over 3 years ago. I know many people are in the same situation where perhaps their video player has died and there hasn't been much sense replacing it or they simply got rid of it. It not simply a case of jumping to a particular spot.

PK Silverware is the best instructional guide on mental bending out there. I guess because of contractual obligations with Muphies Banachek cannot simply transfer it to DVD so has to produce something different. In which case its still worth buying the tape. If you don't have a VHS player then beg, borrow or steal one for a couple of weeks to watch it on. Still, I'd love the orginal on DVD Smile

Marc Climens

:clownjuggling:
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
DARN IT BOYS! This video is worth buying the VHS back! Banachek and sandborne (Possibloy sanborne) have made me a walking legend! Way to go gentlemen. If you read this post, I salute you! If you ever make it to Chicago, call me.
MagicMaker
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of MagicMaker
I watched the video. It's amazing what magicians get away with.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
C'mon now, with places like Fry's electronics, and Costco selling VHS players for about $40, how can you not have one in the electronic mix!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
What a great video! Just get it while you can, though a DVD would be superior for reasons of convenience you really shouldn't wait to add these powerful effects to your arsenal.Banacheks technique is flawless.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
As Banachek's partner, I want to echo what he said and to clarify what seemed confusing.

First, he did a completely new shoot with L&L in June that included a lot of cool stuff: psychokinesis, muscle reading and a variety of close-up and parlour mentalism. All very good IMHO. Murphy's Magic Supplies has the rights to Psychokinetic Silverware which includes their sole ability to duplicate this on DVD whenever they want. So, it's up to them when they will do it. Personally I don't think it will be any time soon because video sales are still strong and DVD sales would kill VHS sales overnight. It's all a matter of marketing.

Secondly, as to the material that will be on the psychokinesis DVD by L&L, it will include a few new "twists" that were not on the Psychokinetic Silverware tape...again because of the rights owned by Murphy's. None of the twists that are on Psychokinetic Silverware video tape were repeated on the new DVD's. However, in addition to the new silverware bends, that DVD will include coin bending, nail bending and movement of objects (i.e. pens, etc). I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

On the downside, L&L its his hands full with editing a variety of other DVD's over the next several months. So, don't look for Banachek's DVD set to be released much earlier than next summer.

I hope this helps. In the meantime, those interested in the video tape might like to know that we now take credit cards as of this week so check out our website at http://www.magicinspirations.net Furthermore, the cost of Psychokinetic Silverware is cheaper than through most other dealers...just $28.00 plus p&h.

thanks,
Scott Wells, Managing Partner
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Banachecks PK Silverwhere DVD? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL