The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Video software to merge 2 DVDs of same show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sappledo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of sappledo
I'm a newbie mentalist who is having two college film majors (seniors) film me and my audience onto DVDs my 45 minute show. I will get the raw DVD from camera 1 and camera 2.

What good video editing software on my well-equipped Windows 7 system is recommended to play the two simultaneously so I can create one show. I'd prefer an easy to use program. I want to phase from one camera to another at key points during each effect. I also want a menuing system to point the user to each effect at the beginning, an a opening loop sequence (soft of promo like w/ music) while they wait to select a menu option and ending credits.

What else would I consider for my first DVD show? doing just a promo DVD (with audience reactions, punchlines, etc) will be my next task.

Thanks.

Steve
Steven Applebaum, D.O.
Magic for the Mental Mind
Dr. Mystic, M.Du., aka "Magic Dude"
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Go with Pinnacle or even better Mac Final cut.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Oops. I didn't catch the windows operating system, so forget final cut, but do go with Pinnacle system. You can run 2 timelines on it, build menues both stationary and moving. you will ove it. I am eager to see what others are using.
sappledo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of sappledo
Thanks alot. I did a search of "dvd authoring software reviews" and got this as my top link.

http://dvd-authoring-software-review.toptenreviews.com

pinnacle wasn't listed among the ten reviewed. however, I've seen pinnacle listed elsewhere. why wasn't it listed, any clue?

thanks!
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

I will have to look that link over and do some comparison.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I've been cutting on Vegas for years but it's not so much the system and software but the experiece of the editor. Plan on spending at least a few weeks of 8 hour days to get started with any new system. Go through all of the tutorials and master each phase because you'll need it sooner or later.
Ray Pierce
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Ray. that is very true for all editing software. plus depends on ones budget as to which software to go with, I have many friends that use Vegas as well, I just havent touched it myself. all in all, you must learn to use the software. Even after doing projects, I still get a bit rusty if I have not been on it in a while. I have seen my friends fly thru editing like a champ. but they do it every day, and even use the shortcut keys on the keyboard... Makes me jealous when I watch. I also have spent 8 hours plus when I thought I knew what I was doing////LOL Sappledo... just get a program and get after it my friend. another good thing to look for in the reviews is rendering time, some programs are faster at rendering your final project, and some render in the background as you work on your program, but it is sluggish . Break a leg.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 21:39, sappledo wrote:

pinnacle wasn't listed among the ten reviewed. however, I've seen pinnacle listed elsewhere. why wasn't it listed, any clue?

because it blows
you're much better off with a stable windows editor like vegas studio or pro
the working demos don't cost a dime
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I second Sony Vegas. I use it all the time, and I love it. If you decide to go with Vegas your welcome to PM me anytime if you have questions. Also, a good tip is to use youtube. There are a ton of good tutorials on there, and they walk you step by step on how to use different features of the software.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Video software to merge 2 DVDs of same show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL