The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Hello, I'm street magician (new in the Magic Café!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
Hello, my name is Dima, I'm from Israel. Last summer I started (almost by faith) doing street magic. I learned a lot from it and I keep doing it regularly since than (now I'm living in Argentina).

Hope I will receive some help to improve my act in the future from performers around here, and I will be happy to share my ideas with you guys.

Here is a link to my video from doing street magic in Madrid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGmEYuJQfT0&feature=related

See you!
dima
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Cool; great promo video!! Welcome to the Café!
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Dima ... Beautiful!! You've got me fired up.

Thanks!
Dan.
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

THANKS GUYS!
terrychylton
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
18 Posts

Profile of terrychylton
Good to see everybody smiling and enjoying themselves, after all that is what is all about. Great video my friend.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
It looks like you've been doing it a lot longer than a year! Just great!
Lakewood, Ohio
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1134 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Welcome to the Café. Nice video.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
taklyt
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
42 Posts

Profile of taklyt
Really nice, can't believe you just started a year ago... That's some good audience management!
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Thanks everyone for the good feedback,
lol, I wasn't clear...i started doing "street shows" last summer
BUT I have been doing magic for 6 years, (private events,close up, etc)
however my show improved tremendously since I started doing stree magic...
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
Great video. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks,
Giz
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Great video, Dima. I wasn't sure what to expect; these days, when someone says "check out my street magic video" often it's a collection of random close-up tricks performed in public, but on the fly (no table, no crowd build, etc). You were passing the hat, and had a crowd, yet, I didn't see cups and balls, a busker's bag, a hat, etc... It was sort of like a blend of the two street styles.

Also, I liked seeing that you had worked out a street version of cards across. I had wanted to do the same, but didn't know how to handle the palm while surrounded... How did you resolve that, may I ask?
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

HeY Damian, thanks for your feed back. (you are right, I try to blend close up magic with street magic)

about card across, I cannot do it completely surrounded, so first thing I do is manage people that are behind me (in any case, I want the crowd to look on me and not people around), I simply say, "guys, I look much more beautiful from the front, please take away a few steps"

however I did change the method (at least I have never seen anybody do it before), I use "btm pm", it is almost angle proof and can be done without a table if necessary
you can watch the whole routine here, hope it help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok9e6_ZExyA

Dima
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Thanks for the link, Dima. Having both packets counted to the table makes for a simple solution, actually. That way, you're not stuck holding out. I don't know how I feel about having both packets tabled, tho--I think it's stronger if the two packets are never seen together... Still, it's worth considering. Thanks for sharing.
jackofspades11
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, Utah
65 Posts

Profile of jackofspades11
Nice video! Your presentation looks great and it looks like everyone is enjoying themselves and having fun! Good Luck in the future!
- Jack
hakz
View Profile
New user
Philippines
7 Posts

Profile of hakz
Excellent video, very entertaining. the cards placed on the chest area seems nice. Can I adopt the idea to my performance as well? Smile
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Hey Hakz, happy that you loked the video, yeah sure you can adopt the idea, Smile
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
Its been removed apparantly? will it be up again soon?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 20:43, Dima Mystery Artist wrote:
Hello, my name is Dima, I'm from Israel. Last summer I started (almost by faith) doing street magic. I learned a lot from it and I keep doing it regularly since than (now I'm living in Argentina).

You've got a good style and I like your look with the vest and tie.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Dima, I loved it. I was so pleasantly surprised by this video. Great feel, tone, and look. You've got such a nice charisma, and that's without hearing you speak! I must say, positively kudos to your Erdnase at 1:26. The proper mechanics for that particular color change are a popular topic in my new lecture, and I constantly see magicians and students of mine performing it wrong. Yours is beautiful. Keep it up sir.
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Dima,

This video was beautiful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Hello, I'm street magician (new in the Magic Café!) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL