The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Looking for building plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
I'm wanting to make a Suitcase Table like this one: http://www.timsonefelt.com/sonefelt_prod......bleLarge but I have no idea where I can find plans for something like this, one of my friends said he could find me his book but since he's doing renovations I won't be able to get the plans until end of May and I have a gig coming up in the middle of May so I really need to find some plans for that kind of suitcase table ASAP, so if somebody could help me find some plans for it I would be really grateful.

Sincerely,

Matthew
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There are no plans for the Lefler table, Joe makes his living makeing these tables, or at least part of his living crafting them. I guess you could email Joe Lefler and see if he would sell you the plans, but don't be disappointed if he refuses.

The only table plans I am aware of is Paul Osborne and Magic Inc Tom Palmer table plans.
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
Ok thanks wmhegbli I actually haven't seen the plans for the Paul Osborne one's on his site, the only one's I've seen are these plans:

http://hamiltonholtinc.stores.yahoo.net/worgreatmagt.html

other than those I haven't found them on his site, as for the Magic Inc. one's, do I just go on there and look for them or contact Tom Palmer directly?

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 11:26am
Also what is the name of the plans used? I can't seem to find them on there.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, you found the Osborne Plans, for the Tom Palmer Roll-On table, it also has plans for the Owen/Thayer set of tables and a Harbin type folding table.

Magic Inc. has more detailed Tom Palmer Roll-On table plans here:
http://www.magicinc.net/rolontableplans.aspx

They also publish the Table Books Vol. 1 & 2. They use to have plans for an all aluminum table they called the Aristocrat table, I do not see it on their site any longer, you may have to telephone them to see if it is available.

But there is no plans for a table like the Lefler table.

There is also a free set of plans here on the Café in the workshop area.
Here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=60
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
Ok thanks for helping me out, I'll take a look at those plans and I'll probably end up buying that book from Magic Inc. I'm wondering though, I found these one's:

http://www.magicinc.net/tablebook.aspx

and I was wondering if it has plans for something similar to that one in my first link or if the one you sent me would be better?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As I said previously, there are no plans of any kind for the Lefler type table. It is not hard to build, it is only a box with a hinged lid. But you must know woodworking and design.

So in the Table Books, there are two (2) volume 1 and volume 2, they have a lot of talbles and as a teenager I built a folding table that was in volume 1. It could not carry the props.
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
I know you said that before, but I was asking if there were plans that are similar to that kind of table, it doesn't need to be exactly the same, just kind of like it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It has been a while since I have read the books. I would suggest that the closest models to the suit case table is the Tom Palmer Roll-On and the free plans offered on the Café I referenced.
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
Just to give you an update I have bought all 3 of those books:

Rolon Table Plans

The Table Book

and The Table Book 2

just so I can have plans for various tables and could change up my tables for various venues.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Did you also download the free suit case plans I referenced on the Café forum highlighted? Several members made this and are using it in their shows.
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
Yeah I printed those plans and I'm probably going to use it sometime in my shows.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Just curious if you built the table or went with another design? He didn't have a lot of time to build it. I remember the very first table I built was the one out of the Mark Wilson course. I have built 2 of these and they work fine for setting props on. I did finally break down and bought a Lefler table. It was the larger one and I got a great deal from a Café member. Now if I could just find a way to make my visible sawing fit in the table all would be good.
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
I actually bought the books and I'm in the midst of trying to fin the right wood for the Gravity Defying Table from The Table Book, it just screams amazing, it looks like the table is supported by almost nothing at all except for a wooden dowel. I also am planning on eventually building the Rolon Table from tge book under the same name, it is good but it'll cost a fair bit of money to get all of the materials, and I'm sorely tempted to make one of those Harbin Packaway Tables, I can save myself at least $90 by making them myself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Looking for building plans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL