The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Anyone else making programmable puppets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

randallmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of randallmagic
Hi,
I love Axtell's puppets and such but can't afford them. Is there anyone else making programmable puppets or remote puppets? I perform by myself with no assistants and would need something that I can control like with a remote. I like the interaction between a puppet and myself mixed with my magic.
Thanks all
Stu
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Stu;
I can’t answer your question concerning the remote figure, but I see you’re new to the café, so welcome, you found a great place to get information, I have received wonderful help from the members here.

Welcome,

Buzz

BTW go to the top right of the page and click on edit profile and fill in the info so we can see more about you
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
There could be other makers but Axtell would be your best option because he is a ventriloquist and he knows exactly what we need Smile

I'm planning to sell my Cheeky Monkey for $6,500 plus shipping which is half the price of a brand new Magic 2 cheeky monkey. Newly calibrated, upgraded and checked by Steve's animatronic team.

Wanlu
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
I have never seen Axtell's animatronics in person.. I am sure they are awesome!!
There are many different devices and techniques used to program and control servos and motors.. I am going to be doing some things that may interest you - I am doing a daily updated posting on the Café under: "building a new puppet".. It is a work in progress that will incorporate some animatronics..
Keep looking over there to see the progress!
Damien
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Damien is one of the top ventriloquists in Canada. In addition to building his own puppets, he also does extensive work for the TV and film industry. His workmanship is second to none.

Oh, and he's one of the nicest guy's you'll ever meet.

Doug
randallmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of randallmagic
Thanks all, I love the Axtell stuff but I don't have that kind of money. I'll check out Damien.
Stu
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Stu,

If you have time and are handy with electro-mechanical things this website has the parts you would need to build your own animatronic puppet. It looks as though they will be adding puppets to their product line soon too.

http://www.bpesolutions.com/PuppetEquip.html#anchor282249

Oliver
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
We are currently working on a release of a new line of lower cost animatronics to the Axtell Hands-Free Line. Stay tuned!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Quote:
On 2011-04-30 11:08, olivertwist wrote:
Stu,

If you have time and are handy with electro-mechanical things this website has the parts you would need to build your own animatronic puppet. It looks as though they will be adding puppets to their product line soon too.

http://www.bpesolutions.com/PuppetEquip.html#anchor282249

Oliv

They are currently doing a project for me. I'll let you all know how it comes out.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Hey Doug, Thanks for the kind words! I am cyber-blushing! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Anyone else making programmable puppets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL