The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Ring of Fire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

koan
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
63 Posts

Profile of koan
Does anyone know of a good method to create a ring of fire on pavement?

koan
if a dove appears in the woods and no one is around to see it... is it magic?
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
303 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
What kind of method are you looking for? I would just say kerosene in any shape you are looking for would do you good, but I suspect you may be looking for someting more complex. Give me some details and I'll see what I can think of. - Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Just mow down a can of hot peppers... Smile Sorry but I had to say it. Smile

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Any viscous flammable liquid (something that will not spread out too much, or evaporate before your burn it) will create a ring of fire, if applied to most surfaces. The less pure the liquid, the greater the visibility (and smoke) but the bigger the leftover reside mess. Alchohol burns almost invisibly. Tar burns red/blue with lots of smoke. Somewhere in the middle is kerosene and gasoline.

The biggest problem with doing a ring of fire on pavement, is that if it is asphalt pavement, it is tar based, and so it will also burn, leaving an ugly scar on the pavement.

Most places, parking lots, etc, will not like you destroying their pavement.

On Concrete, you will leave a slightly less permanent scar of soot and residue. And dependng on the heat and duration, it too will be permanent to some degree.

What is the purpose of the ring of fire? Where would you do it? How long would the fire burn?

Safety will be a big issue too. If you aren't careful, you can spill flammables on yourself without realizing it, and end up toasting parts of you that work better untoasted.. And also don't forget, that fumes are not flammable, they are explosive!

Be careful out there.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
There is this blue goo that my church uses at bar-be-que's to keep the foods hot. I don't know exactly what its called, but I would check by the grilling section in your local Walmart. I hope this helps.
Gary
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
490 Posts

Profile of DougTait
That blue "goo", if it is a can, is probably Sterno and should NEVER be burned outside the can. It is bascially a type on Napalm (jellied fuel) and if it gets on your skin or clothing while burning it is almost impossible to get it off before being seriously burned.

Any RVN vet can attest to the horrendous effects of Napalm.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
oopsies Smile
It was just an idea though. I have played with magnesium fire starters too. They're fun, but you have to be careful. They burn HOT, but they're fun to work with. Maybe you could try this?
Gary
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
mamba
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of mamba
Magnesium burns white and is bad on the eyes, so if he does, don't look down.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Ring of Fire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL