The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Dogs do tricks... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Recently my dog BlackJack and I have gotten involved with our local hospital's pet therapy assist program. Basically, we visit paitents and try to lighten up their day a little. One of the questions I often get is, "Does your dog do any tricks?" Being a magician I just can't let this opportunity pass me by!

I am now trying to think of routines where BlackJack "makes the magic happen". I have one so far, its still in the design stage so any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

My response to their question is "Any old dog can do tricks, BlackJack does magic, he's the worlds first cannine magician!". First I bring out a set of Gozinta Boxes (2 plastic boxes that fit inside each other.). They are seen to be empty as they are nested together and placed on a table. Now I show my hand empty, make it into a fist and say "With just a tap of his paw BlackJack will perform a Miracle". I hold my fist out and the dog ignores me. "I SAID WITH A TAP OF HIS PAW". Now BlackJack lifts his right paw and taps the back of my fist. I open my hand and reveal a sponge bunny! A few rabbit jokes and the rabbit goes back in my fist. "One more tap on the back of the hand..." (Give BlackJack cold stare and he slowly taps with his right paw) "And the rabbit van..." I act like its still there, look at BlackJack and say "Wrong paw" He taps my hand with his left paw and I open to show rabbit is gone. Finally, the Boxes are opened revealing the rabbit inside!

I've been doing it a couple of weeks now. It takes about 3-4 mins. and gets a good reaction.
I just ordered sponge dog bones from Eddie Ace, don't know why but I'm sure something will come up.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You might be able to use Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki's Dog Food cards he developed for use with his "Wonder Dog" puppet routine found in his "Super Hero Magic" book (on my site). The original idea of finding a dog food card from other types of foods (fruits and veggies) comes from David Ginn for use with his Sheep Dog Arm Puppet, but Qua-Fiki took it a step further and made a special card that shows up with a bowl of Dog Food that apparently the dog puppet licks right out of the bowl. You just hold the card containing dog food in front of the puppet (or live dog, in your case) and the dog food in the bowl diminishes each time you show it until you are left with just an empty bowl on the card.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jilian (aka The Good Gypsy) has trained her dog to do various counting tricks, find a card and other amazing items.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Dogs do tricks... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL