The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Torn And Restored Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
How to you cover the sound of the extra piece removal from the restored card on the burned and restored.
Schism
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Schism
Wayne Houchin's tnr is amazing. Best one I have seen.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 12:44, Schism wrote:

Anyone know where this is described - couldn't find it for sale anywhere...
Lakewood, Ohio
Justin W
View Profile
Special user
Lawrence, KS
929 Posts

Profile of Justin W
I believe it's a lecture-exclusive item.
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
I really like Ultimate Torn and Restored from the Magic for Mortals DVD!
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
Just been looking at Torched & Restored. Can anyone compare it to ultimate torn & restored by Geoff Williams? It looks the same to me!
Thanks!

Also Cameron, I really like the look of rehab! And you haven't disappointed me yet!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks, man!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Gavorge
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Gavorge
I've been working Guy Hollingworth's for a while now and I have to agree that it hits the sweet spot for technical ability and visual payoff for me. I wanted to slim down my TnR so I recently purchased Blake Vogt's REF4M. It's actually a pretty good worker but has trouble standing on its own. It's a good concept (it will fool lay people more than magicians) but I feel like you need to have the audience with you before you attempt it. I usually do this when I've had their jaws gaping once or twice so their trust is with me and they're along for the ride. I've done this as an opener and had mixed results.

So go for Guy Hollingworth's if you want rock solid effect and go for Blake's if you want more of a fun impromptu effect. I should note that with significant practice Blake's is deadly...but there's some knacky stuff in there.
Schism
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Schism
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 13:06, j100taylor wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 12:44, Schism wrote:

Anyone know where this is described - couldn't find it for sale anywhere...

This can be found currently only at his lectures. I'm sure that if you ask someone to buy it for you they might do so.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Does anyone remember the bizarre presentation of the T&R Card that talked about why clowns have one pant leg of a different color. Does that ring a bell with anyone?
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Justin W
View Profile
Special user
Lawrence, KS
929 Posts

Profile of Justin W
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 21:06, Gavorge wrote:
I should note that with significant practice Blake's is deadly...but there's some knacky stuff in there.

Tearing up the card at the end is laughable at best. If someone wants to do an impromptu TnR so bad, then they'd be much better off with Paul Harris's.
fnydm4
View Profile
New user
Detroit
7 Posts

Profile of fnydm4
Huron Low has an excellent DVD devoted to this plot called TNR Project which includes Fire in the Hole, Making Ends Meet (a mismatch TNR effect) as well as 0630, anoth mismatch TNR effect.
MasiMedia
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MasiMedia
I have performed Tom Mullica's T&R hundreds of times, and although it's not a fully-restored card at the end, it's a real fooler and always gets a very enthusiastic response. I combine the effect with another effect to make it part of a full routine as well. I don't think I'd ever do a show without doing Tom's T&R, I think I'd feel naked without it!
Anthony Masi
www.MasiMedia.net
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 10:35, Pete Biro wrote:
Check out Torched and Restored... soooo easy and a fooler.

Agreed, as long as lighters are permitted, but my favorite...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
phyxiouz
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of phyxiouz
Have anyone check fourfit?
it looks sooo magical in the trailer

until now I use the hollingworth reformation for the TnR effect
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Shameless plug haha: www.theory11.com/wire/lloyd-barnes/restored/

This spent a week as the best selling effect on The Wire at Theory11, check out the reviews.

:)

Lloyd
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
I still get emails everyday from people looking to pick up a copy of Torched & Restored
It's now gone digital and is available instantly for only $15 as download at Penguin Magic.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3410

Thanks again for all the positive comments about it.
Brent Braun
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Brent sent me his torched nad restored years ago, it is still one of the best flash restorations ever .it is perfect for walk around and resturant work .
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Only problem is I've had a HECK of a time finding a decent torch lighter. Every single one I've bought has fizzled out after a few lights.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Torched and Restored is great, I remember I bougth a limited edition version of it in a special package from Brent, he was kind enough to send me his DVD on the side. Very nice guy. Check out his bullseye effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Torn And Restored Card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL