The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Hear Houdini's Voice! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Happened across this youtube video that includes a speech of Houdini himself from 1914.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUKyaji79zI&feature=fvsr

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3391 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
He had a real face for radio.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22175 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Houdini was the greatest promoter of himeself in the World. His name appears on the lips of many a people who know nothing about him. May his name live on another 100 years? "He pulled an Houdini" as the saying goes!
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Isn't it cool to hear his actual voice? It gives one a sense of the style of the times. I can see him rehersing to have that "grand" style of speech and get rid of any New York accent he may have grown up with.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Hear Houdini's Voice! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL