The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » So yesterday..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dupontracer248
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of dupontracer248
I was on my way to my gig, then I stopped at a hookah bar on the way there. I stop and talk to the owner about random things, then he says go do some magic for these people right here. So I go over like normal introduce myself and blah blah. But when I reach in my pocket my deck is not there. And I know what you guys are gonna say "well improvise and do something else", well I would have but I was excited, because I had been practicing Reswindled all week long, I even set up the deck before I left because that's the first trick I wanted to do to somebody that night. Anyways, I bailed out and went all the way back to my house just to do Reswindled. Is that dedication or what. Of course not you forgot your deck idiot. Hahaha, after I thought that was funny. So, do any of you have crazy blonde magician moments? Tell your best story below.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
A friend of my was doing his Dove act on stage about 20 years ago and after the music started it came to him that he didn't load the doves in his jacket!
As for me. I was in the middle of my opening number when it hit me! I didn't load the Rabbit! 
I bet there are some great story's out there!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I forgot to pack a white shirt for a formal show
So
I convinced a guy with a white shirt to be in the show and do the "shirt pull" using a print shirt (mine). He sat the rest of the show wearing his wind-breaker without any shirt.

After the show he was perplexed why his white shirt was SO Sooo sweaty.
Maybe it's because I was wearing it for an hour. Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mine has occurred more than once! That is to load things correctly but fail to remove the clip holding the Line of Silks together. (Fortunately, I have learned how to fix the problem and ditch the clip on the dove harness while doing the act.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
This morning I am scheduled to do a reading program at a near by elementary school. 3 kids and the counselor. I get to work and discover, I don't have my bag. I do find a deck of cards, 6 coins, rubber bands and lots of post it's.

Will let you know how it went.

Be safe, well and creative.

Thanks for your dedication to the art.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Traveling with a blank pistol has gotten to be a hassle. (Certainly using a real gun may be easier.)

Lucy and I got to Nashville once with no pistol and three shows to do. One of the major props was sound actuated! We learned that popping a balloon worked just fine! (Perhaps also proving that Government regulation and "Hot Air" are substitutes.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I was traveling to Boston to present at the S.A.M convention. In my carry on bag was my "heavy" finish for an ambitious card routine. Basically it is a 2 pound paper weight made to look like a deck of cards. The folks behind the walls couldn't tell what was inside. (of course nothing was inside but solid brass)

After that I pack it in the "cargo" luggage bag.

Your story involved a forgotten prop. One time I forgot I had a prop in my suit. It was a live "security tag". When I walked into Home Depot...the alarm went off. While I was explaining my job and the tag..the manager did not think it was funny. Other employees and customers were having a blast at my calm demeaner and patter.

My favorite line in the Batman movies...."Where does he get all those toys?"

Harris
plays well with others
deutsch
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » So yesterday..... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL