We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Below is the theme for my church's Vacation Bible School this year. I would love to take some magic for them. I've thought of the usual dove pan to cake, but any other food-related ideas for kids with a Gospel message would be most appreciated. Although it's food-oriented, if you read the theme, I guess it doesn't necessarily have to include. Maybe an egg bag? Just thought I'd throw it out for some ideas. I've got a couple of months to play around and work something up. Thought it would provide some fun fodder. I know you all would have some ideas.

Here's the pitch they're using:

Take kitchen fun to your kids!
Enjoy a fresh, one-of-a-kind VBS 2011 at the Shake It Up Café - where kids carry out God's recipe. In this kid-friendly café full of chef's hats and aprons, pots and pans, checkered tablecloths, and chalkboard menus, kids explore the Bible as a cookbook filled with recipes for living out God's word. Through interactive lessons, that are easy for kids to apply to their lives today, boys and girls will celebrate biblical festivals that reveal ingredients for being a follower of God. Questions?

Give happily to God
Believe fully in Jesus
Remember Jesus often
Celebrate God forever

Ideas? Tips? Feedback?

Ron
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
You could do the Miser's Dream to illustrate that when we give cheerfully, God gives back 30, 60 or even 100-fold.

You could illustrate God's goodness and care by multpilying the fishes and loaves, perhaps with a change bag and some fish silks (don't know if these are even made).
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Thanks, Mike: Good ideas.

Hope to get more. Keep them coming.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1944 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I'm not sure exactly what biblical illustration you could use for this effect, but maybe pulling some food out of a Square Circle would work.

Also, the Elusive Lifesavers and the Vanishing Coke Can comes to mind since their related to food and drink, but again, I'm not sure what applications to use. Maybe someone can chime in.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1314 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Vanishing Coke Bottle (Nielson)
Lota Bowl (God pours out His blessings)

Hope this helps for now.

Mark
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Great ideas, guys. Thanks. This gives me plenty to work with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » VBS ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL