The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REF4M by Theory 11 (Torn and Restored) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
So there's a new download in Theory 11. It says:

REF4M is a new effect by Blake Vogt that can be performed completely surrounded, with a freely selected, signed card from a borrowed deck. Read that again!

They said it uses no duplicates and you only have the torn card in your hand. I saw the video and it looks visually stunning. However, when the magician hands it off to the spectator, he tearts it again into pieces. Does this defy the common TnR effect?

What do you think?

http://www.theory11.com/tricks/ref4m-tor......vogt.php
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I asked on the other site if there are any other torn and restored using just one card---still curious
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I have one! It's called Ripped At The Seam and it's featured in one of my Youtube videos. There's also Paul Harris' Ultimate Ripoff, off which I based my TNR.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Ben Harris has one as well called Hoodwink.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Kris Nevling has ReinCARDnation
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Thanks for the responses---that helps!
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Mantel how hard is Hoodwink to execute ?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Warped and restored , about 10 years ago I released this 3 phase routine . I am including this routine on my up comming dvd as a bonus effect . as per request
vinny.
if any one is interested in seeing warped and restored pm me with e mail address I will send a demo
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Hoodwink is not hard and looks real good as a quick effect. Only uses 1 card and nothing more.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The only one card T&R I used and still use is Paul Harris's Ultimate Rip Off. Just a great T&R.

Jay Sankey has one called T-Boned which I always got a lot of mileage out of. It uses two cards but it uses them openly and is totally impromptu. It's on his Underground Jam dvd.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Thanks Rizzo
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
There's a two card version of Hoodwink in my Quarks & Quirks book. You perform the effect twice (it is a quickie, remember) and this ploy of doing it twice allows you to finish EXAMINABLE.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-05-04 13:43, brehaut wrote:
I asked on the other site if there are any other torn and restored using just one card---still curious

The audience only sees one card. That is what matters.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Not if you want a impromptu effect without dupes or gaff cards or forcing a card . this is important to magicians.
, vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 23:50, vinsmagic wrote:
Not if you want a impromptu effect without dupes or gaff cards or forcing a card . this is important to magicians.
, vinny

unfortunately it's just a puzzle to magicians - and origami is just too easy to figure out by way of the "too obvious theory" especially if the audience is magicians.

what counts to real people is that the performer (who better be nice) does something that looks magical rather than just clever if they are supposed to be a magician not some guy demonstrating product.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 23:50, vinsmagic wrote:
, vinny

Anything's impromptu as long as you always carry duct tape, a fog machine and some paperclips with you. Oh, and a deck of cards.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
This Does use one card and one card only. I started working this last night and I really didn't hold high hopes for it to be honest but I was pleasantly surprised. It really went down well
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REF4M by Theory 11 (Torn and Restored) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL