The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bill to Impossible Location (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nate Green
View Profile
New user
Working my way past
74 Posts

Profile of Nate Green
Café Members,

If you would be so kind, please share your picks regarding a good bill to impossible location routine. Preferably one that resets easily or instantly. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Nate
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Check out the Wizard's Wallet in The Wizards' Journal #20 on my site.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Seabrooke's burnt note in envelope, in wallet. ARF ARF ARF.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Craig Petty's Chop is the one for me, fantastic routine!
Nate Green
View Profile
New user
Working my way past
74 Posts

Profile of Nate Green
Thanks for the recommendations. I will look into these.

I know it's not a bank note, but card to wallet is on my set list. Any recommendations for bill to pen type routines, etc? The only ones that I have heard of are Cramped by Richard Sanders and Sharp Money by Ben Williams. Has anyone used these table hopping and how did it go?

Regards,
Nate
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of puggo
Ben Williams seems to be a real nice guy and a creator of very strong effects indeed, but for me, I would choose Cramped as being easier, less 'finicky' and more 'bullet proof'. I think (especially with a bit of 'mental programming' after) the spectator would remember a simillar impact as well..

This is just my opinion, others may disagree (I own both effects).

Charlie

PS Also check out John Carey's BTB (bill to box) on the excellent 'Hndle with Carey' DVD, or Chris Congrieve's 'Well Lit' (card or bill to lighter) as a simple, instant reset effect
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3238 Posts

Profile of warren
If your looking for a bill to pen type routine it doesn't get any better than Richard Sanders effect Cramped Smile
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2850 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Check out Bob Solari's Key-Ruption
http://bobsolarimagic.com/shop/index.php......ct_id=87

great effect!
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
I just read on the back of a dvd bill to sharpie cap, have not seen it but sounds interesting
Opine Traveler
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Opine Traveler
Every effect listed here is trumped by Bill in Lemon.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Chop is a signed bill in lemon trick!
Opine Traveler
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

My bad: Every trick here but one is trumped by Bill in Lemon.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 13:36, Opine Traveler wrote:
My bad: Every trick here but one is trumped by Bill in Lemon.

How many guys here do a bill to lemon table hopping? I mean that could be a lot of lemons...ya know.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Opine Traveler
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

The number of lemons depends on the venue and whether or not someone tries to do it at EVERY table, which would be an odd choice. However, I've frequently done Bill to Lemon table-hopping and averaged around nine lemons in an evening. They're tax-deductible, you know.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
While there are members who have far more experience with this effect category than I do, one version which has served me well for a number of perfomances is Anywhere Bill 2 by Ken Driscoll. You have one "move" at the very beginning, but even before your audience knows the effect has begun, the dirty work is done. After that it's pure performance. There are more involved and probably more impressive routines out there, but for less than $10, you can't go wrong. I recommend it. BTW: It plays exactly as described. Check it out:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/full_search.......Driscoll
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
One routine that I recall, from the early Magic Menu days, is a routine that I believe was Jim Sisti's. It involved a bill switch and the bill ends up changing places with another bill in a change purse. The bill that is supposed to appear in the purse could be signed. It used a T.T., although many magicians won't need one to achieve the effect. The reset would be quick.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
I do Chop at my restaurant residency, I don't do it at every table for obvious reasons but I probably do it 5-7 times in 2 hours.
Reset is very quick.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Bill To Sharpie Cap by Arthur Tivoli ( Restaurant Magic ) and in CarneyCopia by John Carney you can find an interesting version with a pen !
-H
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Dan Harlan has got a bill to pen on his Premium Blend DVD set which is also featured on the Minotaur - The Final issue, I think it might be called Bill-Ink but I might be wrong.
labound
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of labound
Quote:
On 2011-05-07 07:48, Alan Munro wrote:
One routine that I recall, from the early Magic Menu days, is a routine that I believe was Jim Sisti's. It involved a bill switch and the bill ends up changing places with another bill in a change purse. The bill that is supposed to appear in the purse could be signed. It used a T.T., although many magicians won't need one to achieve the effect. The reset would be quick.

Transmutation. I wouldn't have remembered, but recently was browsing thru Year 1.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bill to Impossible Location (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL