The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What's in your box? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Here's what I currently have in my Magic Box. Some things I use in my routine others are there for my personal amusement. What do you have in yours?

Four packs of Bicycle Cards. Two stacked, two unopened.
Stolen Cards
PSImbol Deck
Kidz Kards
WOW x 2
Coinvexed
Silent Treatment
PK Ring
Printing
Split Decision
Thumb Tip
Little Bunny's Card Trick
Copper Silver Brass
Coin Unique (4 different)
Coin in bottle
'til death do us part
Crystal Disc
Growing & Shrinking rabbit illusion
Solstice Wallet
Flexion
Card Cascade Wallet
Chronologue
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22445 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No Jerry Andrus Linking Safety pins, I am surprised you do not have this in your case.
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
On 2011-05-04 18:25, wmhegbli wrote:
No Jerry Andrus Linking Safety pins, I am surprised you do not have this in your case.
I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere ;-)
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
3 boxes for different kinds of performances - contents do get changed out depending. Will not list items, sorry.

Click here to view attached image.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Apologize for the one by one.

rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Last one, just started finding the right stuff to fill it but not stuff it.

rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Samsonite briefcase

rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Wood artcase from Michaels

rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Bizarre box from a furniture store, made of rosewood - heavy, need to find an old lock.

BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Rklew64... is the wooden art case from Michael’s very heavy? Is it compartmentalized and is it easily modified if it is?

Thanks,
Bruce
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Hi Bruce,
The wood case is very light!
Unfortunately the compartments are fixed, the wide compartments top and bottom and then 3 smaller sections. The wide sections just fits a deck of jumbo cards.
Sign up with them to get coupons and you can pick that thing up for under $20, but regular price is still rather reasonable.
What is not seen is that I also lined the bottom with thin green felt that comes in sheets and has an adhesive back.
The top is recessed so you could modify to fit and pack more flat items.
It is 17x13 and 3 inches high. I can slip in-between the case a close-up pad to take out and place on the top of the case when closed.
If you do get a chance to see it, you'll see right away how this case is from its top and bottom. I hope you do, it was a surprise stumbled onto kinda thing. So I got this just about a 2 months ago. Check near the art portfolio and small storage bins area.
I think it is meant to hold brushes and paint or such, because it comes with a palatte like board. Also now when I look at cases - I look to see if I can trick it out such as place magnets around it so then I have a case that is PK'ed!
I love it because the look is unassuming, clean and very different. I keep kicking the idea of staining it and all that to give it a more aged and richer look. My black attache' case holds the more higher end effects and tricks while the wood case holds current effects to practice and carries the more casual fun silly tricks like an electric deck, stiff rope, etc. I also keep some index cards in both cases to make notes for anything.
Ok, come to think of it try to go today. : )
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Thanks for the enthusiastic review of the art case... I will check it out. When I use to travel with stuff I had a Pelican brand case... I really don’t travel anymore and I like the look of the wood. If I go this route I would distress and stain it as you suggested... make it look like an old treasure if you know what I mean.
When closed can you store a set of Cups and Balls in it?

Thanks,
Bruce
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I don't think it can, but then it depends on the cup diameter. Make sure to bring certain key things with you for a dry fit so to speak.
3 inch height means that it is less inside - you know.
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
The case in my first post above also doubles as a tableside assistant. When covered with a cloth it can also be used as a close-up performing area.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Phil... What attaches the case to the tripod, is there some kind of flange (is that the right word, flange)? Once set up, how stable is the set-up?... does the table top kind of wiggle or shake?

Thanks,
Bruce
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 16:09, BCS wrote:
Phil... What attaches the case to the tripod, is there some kind of flange (is that the right word, flange)? Once set up, how stable is the set-up?... does the table top kind of wiggle or shake?

Thanks,
Bruce

Screwed to the bottom of the case is a 3 inch steel disc. The tripod is attached via a 1/2 inch bolt which screws directly into the steel disc. The length of the bolt is adjustable so you could put a wide washer between the nut and steel disc which would improve stability. Having said that the little bit of 'wobble' you get has never been a issue.

BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Phil... thanks for the photos... what’s that saying... a picture is worth a thousand words.

Take care,
Bruce
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Very nice...haven't decided yet what I want my stage table to look like...but this looks great for my close-up and birthday party stuff.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
275 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Phil, nice idea. Where did you get the case?

Thanks!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Rklew64... I lucked out and found the art case and another style at 50% off from Hobby Lobby. I will play around with the boxes and organize and paint them, it looks like they will hold some Cups and Balls; I will share photos with you when competed... it will be a while... I am slow with little spare time.

Take care,
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What's in your box? (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL