The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini ball size (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Link774
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Link774
I'm new to billiard balls and went for the 1.7 inch bond lee ball since it looked like the 2's were out of stock and I was eager to get started. Also, I'm thinking the angles would be a bit better with smaller balls. I may switch to 2 at some point if I want a bit more visibility.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Work slow and they will be seen just fine. Specific color can make a difference, too. Be sure you have maximum contrast with the background (which includes yourself).

Nice hat.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I began with IRELAND "golf" balls in 1947, doing the John Booth routine from his book, "Marvels of Mystery". (The routine was PRACTICAL! --no "droppers".)

When my friend, Frank Radtke, produced his "Fakinis", I bought one of his first sets.

I have since dropped (about 1970) the "xxxing" balls, and developed "Percy's Perpetual Balls". Bill Williston's "Penetrating Ball Thru Silk", and, Karrell Fox's "Ballomatic" into an almost 5 minute routine that has served well for almost 50 years.

I wear a black shirt and my balls are white. NO ONE has ever complained about visibility. I've worked audiences of 2,000, a "few" times, over the past 50 years!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Link774
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Link774
Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll be performing for around 150, so I guess visibility should be OK since folks aren't too far away. I wear a tux with a white shirt (like my avatar), so I'll have to keep an eye on that. The stage background is a live band, and but it should be fairly dark behind me overall.
kcbeave
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
I recently bought a set of Bond Lee's and even though the set is very nice and grippy, the special part is very thick. I have never seen a set of Fakini M balls but I have seen the Fakini M Golf Balls and the piece with them is about half the thickness of the Bond Lee set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini ball size (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL