The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bending The Real by Jay Sankey: A Full Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I just got back from Jay's Chicago lecture. It was a full house and he really did an excellent job. He covered many items from his DVD's. There were quite a few from Revolutionary Card Magic, Hemispheres, 22 Blows to the Head and Bending the Real. He started out by explaining the difference between magic effects, mentalism and bends. Then he goes out and performs many of each to show the difference. He explains his approach to the bends and why he believes they should be approached differently. I brought my son along and we both really enjoyed the lecture, lots of laughs and great magic. I had read this thread before going and was wondering how the material would play to an audience. I purchased his Bending the Real DVD (along with another). There are quite a few items on the DVD that I will probably use.

If Jay is in your area I definitely recommend that you go see his lecture. I think some of these items will play well especially for what they are intended for.

Jim
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
WTF??!!
AM I missing something here or is Jay just that good of a salesman??!! Or maybe he used those "amazing hypnosis techniques" used by Keith Barry on his show "Deceptions" and puts the entire room under his hypnotic spell at all of his lectures. "Bending the Real", seriously, it should be called "Bending Me Over, Really"! Jim, to each his won but honestly, outside of the rehashed previously released material from "BTR", exactly what else from that Pile-O-Crap will you be using on actual spectators, "In Red Ink", "Storm Cloud", "Whew", "Sound Effect", "Airborne", "Tasting is Believing" or maybe "Shattered"? People...People...People!!! Stop The Insanity!!! As discussed in this thread on BTR, http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0 pretty much the only stuff on BTR with any value, stuff like "Hijacked", "Vanishink", "Descendent" and "Zero Gravity", is all from other releases. The problem with their presentation on BTR is, as I pointed out in the other thread, that these are VERY quick, glossed over explanations and are lacking all of the nuances and subtleties covered by Jay in their original presentations. That's what made the original presentations of these effects good,in most cases, were the details.

I cannot wait until someone gets "Bending The Real" to Dave & Craig for a Wizard Product Review! I think I can honestly say that we will see Craig Petty go on a rant the likes of which have not been seen as of yet on the show!! It will make his Justin Miller rants look like love letters!!!

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I may get this just for the mean spirited practical jokes.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
Is far better to just watch Sankey´s youtube channel and get some "bends" from that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bending The Real by Jay Sankey: A Full Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL