The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Reference source sought (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2581 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Does any one know where this can be found? I'm thinking it might be in Martin Gardener's Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic which I will look up when I get back home.

A series of numbers is read out, they are read out again with one number missing and you can say which number was not called out. I know it's an old bit but wondered if anyone has any references thay can point me towards.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1504 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
This sounds like the old principle of c***ing out n***s. I can't recall a specific source.

Mike
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Harry Lorayne wrote it up in Apocalypse, and he then re-printed it in Mathematical Wizardry.

A slightly different approach was taught on this episode of Scam School.
hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
450 Posts

Profile of hcs
Martin Gardner. "Mathematical Circus", (last) chapter about Dollars
(I only own a German edition).
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 180 A4-pages * version 3.51
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Martin Gardner, Mathematics, Magic and Mystery has a relatively large section about this premise.

I can't remember if he uses 9 or 10, though, I've got books that do both so I can't say for sure which is which (they are good for different things, it's not necessarily just a choice).

Lem
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Reference source sought (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL