We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Possible Presentation Idea? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Biblicaly speaking and I'm not saying I believe it, judgment day will be May 21 2011.

Here's how it breaks down. The rapture is said to begin, at the end of the 23 year of great tribulation. On Oct 21 the world will be destroyed by fire 7000 years after the flood, 13,023 from the time of creation.

Peter 2; chapter 3. Whereby the world that then was, being overflown with water perished; But the heavens and earth which are now; by the word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But beloved be not ignorant of this one thing that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:6-8

For yet 7 days. I will make it rain I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. Genesis 7:4

Since the Noah flood happened on 4990.BC and we are now living in 2011 that equals 7001 the 7 days. but what about the extra year? Well there is no year zero so you have to deduct that year and you get the 7000.

Anyway it might make for a cool math trick with a bible like flare. Enjoy.

PS. If you want to know how to calculate the month, let me know, and I'll post it. Oh but don't wait to long, as of the time of this writing, we just have 2 weeks left.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1314 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I hope not, I have an illusion show fundraiser for my daughter Charlotte's mission trip to Honduras on May 21. If you had posted this a few months ago I could have changed the date of the show! lol

Mark
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
The show must go on there Mark, and since the destruction doesn't happen till October, your fine. Smile
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
...and since the rapture cannot be found in the Bible...you're okay anyway.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Let's not forget that so-called "evangelists" have been setting dates since the time of Jesus...and they have all been wrong so far.

I say live like Jesus will take to you home today...then you will have no worries.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
On 2011-05-07 15:26, Mike Maturen wrote:
...and since the rapture cannot be found in the Bible...you're okay anyway.

That's good news then and perfect for this forum.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
JD...I am fully Christian. I am only saying that the idea of the rapture as taught by modern Protestants cannot be found in a proper reading of the Bible.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
There have been many interpretations of the end times, but we do not know the time nor hour that Christ, our Lord will return.

Besides, May 21 2011 doesn't fit into my schedule. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-05-07 17:30, Gospel Dan wrote:
There have been many interpretations of the end times, but we do not know the time nor hour that Christ, our Lord will return.

Besides, May 21 2011 doesn't fit into my schedule. Smile

LOL Gospel Dan...you are correct.

I can't figure out why people insist on twisting Scripture WAY out of context to "prove" the rapture, but ignore the plain warning as you have quoted.

Mystifying.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1944 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Christ will come like a thief in the night the scripture says. It will probably be when we least expect it. We need to be ready at any given moment.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-05-07 20:09, tbaer wrote:
Christ will come like a thief in the night the scripture says. It will probably be when we least expect it. We need to be ready at any given moment.

This is very true. However, it does not support the "secret rapture" that modern-day Protestants speak about. This merely speaks about the Second Coming of Christ.

The Rapture, as taught by Protestants, requires TWO "second comings"...one for the rapture and one for the real second coming. This simply does not square with Scripture. Period.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
It is very sad that Harold Camping is spending so much money to push this false teaching! many are blindly following him and will all be dissapointed on May 22.
there are still prophicies that have not been fulfilled yet and even if they were fulfield tomorrow it would be years before the Lord would return.

I guess harold is hoping 3rd time is a charm as he has predicted this twice before.

we need to be praying for Him and those foolishly following his ill concieved notion that May 21st is judgement day.

maybe he has not read the whole bible and missed the part that says "no one knows the day nor the hour"

all this does is make christians look like fools and makes it harder for us to unleash the truth of Gods love witht he lost!

let continue to pray as I do believe we are in the last days but I know for sure it is NOT May 21st!

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I have to share a quick laugh I had about this nonsense. I first saw this group in NYC in early March. I LOVE NYC and one of the things I love about the Big Apple is the quirky "groups" one encounters daily. Well, I tried to explain to these folks that they were basing their teaching on a false doctrine, i.e, the "Rapture." Note to Orthodox Christians, Catholics, and Protestants who don't take Scripture of context: best just to leave these people alone and just pray for them.

Anyhow, I came home and decided to check their website because in my city I had seen a TON of billboards. The funny bit you ask? At the lower right corner of their website is a place to click to DONATE!! D'oh!! If they are SO sure that the world is ending, then REALLY, do you think they should be worrying about paying their GoDaddy bill?

Seriously though, we must remember that we shall not know the hour nor the day of His coming. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread we must be prepared for it at any moment. As I write this, St. Gabriel could very well be winding up on the trumpet.

This person who is predicting the end really has it bad because IF the world ends on the day he predicts then no one will be around for him to boast - which is a good thing since Pride is a sin. But if it DOESN'T, then if I were this guy, I would probably seek a career as an anonymous telemarketer.

You folks DO realize that even if the world does not end on 5/21, we will STILL have to deal with the wackos who are going trot out 12/21/2012 as the end based upon Mayan predictions. COME ON 2013!!

Besides, my Pittsburgh Pirates are playing decent baseball thus far and I would hope our Lord will at least allow them one more winning season. Smile

+In Christ,
Vlad
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2011-05-08 08:44, Mike Maturen wrote:
Quote:

This is very true. However, it does not support the "secret rapture" that modern-day Protestants speak about. This merely speaks about the Second Coming of Christ.

The Rapture, as taught by Protestants, requires TWO "second comings"...one for the rapture and one for the real second coming. This simply does not square with Scripture. Period.

The passage used to support the rapture idea is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, in which Paul cites "the word of the Lord" about the return of Jesus to gather his saints.

...and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be raptured (or "caught up") together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.

Rapture is when the dead in Christ will rise first. This preludes the second coming of Christ. There is only one second coming of Christ. The saints rise first to meet Him in the air.

It's true the word "Rapture" isn't in the Bible, but let us also recognize that the word "Trinity" does not appear ever in the Bible either. The word Rapture simply implies that the dead in Christ will rise first.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-05-08 11:19, Gospel Dan wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-08 08:44, Mike Maturen wrote:
Quote:

The passage used to support the rapture idea is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, in which Paul cites "the word of the Lord" about the return of Jesus to gather his saints.

...and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be raptured (or "caught up") together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.

Rapture is when the dead in Christ will rise first. This preludes the second coming of Christ. There is only one second coming of Christ. The saints rise first to meet Him in the air.

It's true the word "Rapture" isn't in the Bible, but let us also recognize that the word "Trinity" does not appear ever in the Bible either. The word Rapture simply implies that the dead in Christ will rise first.

We are agreed, Dan. However, this is not what is being taught as the Rapture. In modern Protestant thought, Jesus will rapture the believers just at the beginning of the "millenium". Then, at the end of the 1,000 years, Christ will return for the final battle, Armageddon. THEN will the end come.

Not so, sayeth Scripture.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1314 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Its all over the world. I work with a woman from Bosnia whose aunt still lives there, the end of the world for them was May 5th! Ooops, that came & went without incident in Bosnia! The aunt who lives in Bosnia is in her 60's, you would have thought she would have more "experience" with this kind of thing. Let's live our lives for Christ as if He was coming tomorrow!

Mark
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Amen, Mark...just as I said in an earlier post! We Christians tend to focus on the truly unimportant stuff...like WHEN He will return! WHO CARES?!?!?!? If we live as Christ asked us to live, working out our salvation in trembling and fear (to quote Scripture), then it matters not WHEN He will come...only THAT He will come.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Mike and Mark, I totally agree with you guys. It doesn't matter when He comes, the fact is He will come again. This is good news to those who are in Christ, and a warning to unbelievers.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Rapture theology came about in the 1890s - NOT from the Apostles folks. Do a little research. St. Paul's Epistle to the Thessalonians was taken out of context by Moody. But, I am not surprised; sola scriptura permits that.

+In Christ,
Vlad
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 13:07, Vlad_77 wrote:
Rapture theology came about in the 1890s - NOT from the Apostles folks. Do a little research. St. Paul's Epistle to the Thessalonians was taken out of context by Moody. But, I am not surprised; sola scriptura permits that.

+In Christ,
Vlad

EXACTLY correct, Vlad! Nice to see a fellow early church theologian on here!
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Possible Presentation Idea? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL