The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Is IBM avialable in Australia? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MoonyD
View Profile
New user
Sydney
15 Posts

Profile of MoonyD
I've looked around a bit but I'm quite confused so I thought it'd be easier to just ask you guys straight-up.

Is the IBM for people living in Australia as well? I mean if it's International, then it'd be yes right? But from what I've seen so far, it's mostly only in the U.S.. So is that a ring set up in Australia, Sydney by any chance? Or is it only for U.S. residents?

Sorry if I seem lazy and didn't want to make the effort to look it up myself, sorry! I really tried but couldn't find the answer.
Yours Truly
Moonyâ„¢ D.
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Hello Moony!

I've found a listing at http://www.magician.org/portal/ibm_localrings/Australia . The IBM website is http://www.magician.org .

The Best,
Jordan
JasonbytheOcean
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, D.C.
102 Posts

Profile of JasonbytheOcean
I don't know the breakdown of the clubs by country, but I.B.M. is indeed international. I would hazard a guess that the U.S. and UK have the most members. The Linking Ring has featured other countries on its cover and Parades before and does strive for an international audience. I've had a lot of fun meeting I.B.M. members in different countries when I'm on travel - you automatically have friends everywhere! Smile

Regards,

Jason
MoonyD
View Profile
New user
Sydney
15 Posts

Profile of MoonyD
Thank you very much Jordan for the link! Very helpful. Shall be contacting the guy from New South Wales about it, though by the looks of things he lives quite a fair bit away. But thank you so much for the information. I've always been curious to meet magicians from the neighbourhood so that was very helpful.
Jason, does the Ling Ring magazine ship overseas? I mean if I were to join the IBM, you reckon they'd ship the magazine overseas to Australia or do you reckon I'll probably have to pay extra postage?
Yours Truly
Moonyâ„¢ D.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
All the subscription/membership costs are outlined on the website.

Actually, I think one of the "sticky notes" at the top of this forum may outline it as well. Check them out.

...and let me welcome you ahead of time to the IBM family!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
MoonyD
View Profile
New user
Sydney
15 Posts

Profile of MoonyD
I've tried to contact the guy in charge of the ring in New South Wales, but apparently his email is down? O__o

Trying to get into contact with people in that ring...
Yours Truly
Moonyâ„¢ D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Is IBM avialable in Australia? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL