The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bills across? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonace
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Jonace
The 3 cards across with 10 cards is a very common trick. Is this done with money in any variation.
I know I can almost use the same method but would like some info if its out here.

If also okai if its flies from spectator to me or the other way. don't need 2 spects.

Jonas
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, it was out there, if you hurry you can get one of the final copies available.

http://dennymagic.com/products/comedy-ma......urrency/
Jonace
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Jonace
Thanks. I will look into it.

Only problem is if I am going to use my currency. NOK
The smallest bills is 100Nok that is about 16 dollar.

So 20 bills is a lot of money to have on me all the time.

But thanks a lot Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
According to the Internet there is a kr 50 bill in your country. If you are uncomfortable with your currency, why not use another countries bills or even fake bills. There are many site that sell fake money for cashier training and childrens toys.

It all depends on how you want to present and weave a story around your effect. Whether it is telling about a short change hustler or how you were short changed at at store, or the oldest intro, there was a famous magician I saw do this wonderful trick.

Fred Kaps in his lecture notes even used playing card to demonstrate his money trick in the early stages of his lecture touring. I would say if you are uncomfortable at carrying 20 bills, wouldn't it be the same for 10 or 13.

Anyway, I am sorry your country has such a small selection in bill currency. It must be very inconvenient, but it does mean your country is not suffering from inflation like ours.

Good luck in your decision. I don't know any other bills across money tricks available.
Jonace
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Jonace
I will pick it up and try it. Yes it is a 50 kr bill. But it is small in size Smile The best would be to use 500 kr but then I am afreid to get robbed after the show Smile

Yes in theory 10-13 bills would be the same, but it the half value Smile I use extream burn with six 200kr bills. And that works. So if I am going to use also 20- 100 kr bills this is starting to get high numbers. I will need to have 3000 kr in bills for each show that I can not use Smile The good ting thoug is that I get the money back when I don't want to do the trick anymore.

Yes I may try fake bills. Anyway thanks. You answered my question. Som I am habby Smile

If anyone know any other rutine I will be happy to put that on my list.
thanks again.
VE Day
View Profile
New user
LONDON, England, UK
94 Posts

Profile of VE Day
For tricks using £50 notes I always use photocopied banknotes as it is so easy for someone to snatch one off you and run while you are performing. Photocopying them is technically illegal but if you mark them as specimens then it will prevent anyone but the thickest of thieves trying to spend them.

I find the Euro Notes are all very nice to use magically and not worth as much as the Pound Sterling notes nor the Norwegian Krona. The Euro is accepted as currency in a lot of places in Britain, I wonder if you Jonace can get away with using Euro Notes where you are?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Why not do like Kaps and use US Dollar bills?

You can say you learned the trick while travelling to the U.S.A.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Victoria I don't know where your performing but if they snatch your money and run I think I'd look elsewhere Smile
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
Jonas,
I believe Nicholas Einhorn sells a a product that allows an amount of bills to decrease in the spectators hand.
However I am sure you will be able to use this in order to achieve a 'bills across' style routine.
I have no idea of the name of the effect, I suggest browsing his website.
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
Jonas,
I believe Nicholas Einhorn sells a a product that allows an amount of bills to decrease in the spectators hand.
However I am sure you will be able to use this in order to achieve a 'bills across' style routine.
I have no idea of the name of the effect, I suggest browsing his website.
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
Stevens magic did a tape on the Magic of Germany. There was a version of bill across on that. It used 20 1 dollar bills.
Was a clever handling. I've had good reaction with it. Worth checking out.
-Giz
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bills across? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL