The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Favorite Cash tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BarryTX
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of BarryTX
My first paper money trick is Extreme Burn 2. I have settled on changing 1s to 5s - although it wouldn't seem to be as impressive as changing to a larger denomination, my line is to pull out the 1s and ask if anyone can change to a 5 for me? Then say oh forget it, I'll do it myself and make the change happen. I can play it up getting 4 extra 5s, etc. It seems to work well enough and doesn't cost as much as a total effect.

Barry
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 23:08, Sammy J. wrote:
Mine is Extreme Burn, but here's a cool idea that will surely make you remembered.
Borrow a dollar bill. Do the Hundred Dollar Bill switch (whichever version you prefer), but rather than changing the one to a hundred, change it to a two dollar bill, and give it to the spectator.
You will leave a lasting impression, and it only cost you one dollar!

Sammy

My version - which I've done at tables and behind the bar for years, is the usual $1 to $100 dollar bill.
9 times out of 10 they then ask if it can be done with their bill.
I borrow their bill, have it signed, then change the borrowed bill into the mismade dollar.
Tossing the mis made bill onto the table, I comment about the writing on the back.
They all make a grab for it to examine the bill.
They comment there is no signature on the bill.
I then direct their attention to the car key case that's been sitting on the table since the beginning.
It is unzipped and opened, a folded bill is removed by the spectator and opened revealing it to be the signed borrowed bill.
It kills - and most of the time they toss the bill to me as a tip.
I use Solaris "key-ruption" key case and while all the heat is on the mis made bill, I have all the time in the world to get the signed bill into the case practically right in front of them.
It really does kill and I have never gotten caught on it.
It is gutsy, but no more so than palming a card out of a deck.
This routine is by far my favorite and audience tested for literally 20 years.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
I carry around Two Dollar Window, simple but always effective.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Vernon's Tale of the Treasury Worm is another great one. It's in the Chronicles book.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Atomic Bills and Cool Cash by John T. Sheets. Hundy 500 is nice as well
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Magikevin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magikevin
I do Andrew Gerards "Energy Bill" which is impromptu and kills. Then if I got a loop ready I do the same effect in specs hand using loop to accomplish the effect.
K
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Kartis Bill Change and Cinch are my current favorites.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I favor Johnny Hirose's torn and restored bill.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I strongly prefer the fabulous Extreme Burn 2.0. It is my absolutely favorite go-to money trick. I also have gotten a LOT of mileage out of the Mike Close A Visit With Rocco trick. Instead of using it as a stage trick with jumbo bills, I made it up with regular currency. A killer close-up presentation.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
One of my favorite "cash tricks" is "Cash Galore" by Peter Kane. Four rectangular pieces of thin plastic-like material are counted and shown on all sides, and then a $10.00 bill appears stuck to one of them. You remove it and stick it on your coat or shirt. Count again and a $20.00 bill appears that also gets stuck on the shirt. The third time a $50.00 bill appears. The fourth time though, no bill appears. But there's a nice, humorous twist ending.

I also had a nice routine with Tenyo's "Midas Machine" tied in with Automatic Teller Machines, but I haven't used it since back when the US changed the face of the $10.00 bill. I don't think Tenyo ever updated it with the new bills. It would probably go over still even if you use the old bills. You can see the original routine on youtube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgTszBQ8qEs

I dressed up my Midas Machine by covering the end that says "Printer" with an ATM logo from my own bank. On the back I had colored yellow squares with numbers on them arranged like buttons on a number pad. I also had a little green square on the back that said "OK" and a red square that said "Cancel." I also used it to reveal a chosen card that was printed on the back of the bill using dry transfer pips, the idea being that if I didn't find the chosen card, the $10.00 bill would go to the spectator.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
braabesflaben
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of braabesflaben
Extreme burn, and life by daniel garcia.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Life is awesome. I also enjoy Fraud, Greed, and serial biller.
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
Mark Jarvis
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Mark Jarvis
Another vote for Roger Klause's Slow Motion Bill Change.
Mark Jarvis
The Magic Of Magic
Solon, Ohio
The Magic Is In Your Hands
http://www.themagicofmagic.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I absolutely love all derivatives of Patrick Page's Easy Money including but not limited to Hundy 500, 3-D Cash, Slow Burn, Heiny 500, Extreme Burn, etc. The variations on Richard Sanders' Extreme Burn 2.0 is unrivaled by far and contains the most incredibly visual changes and hand-out options possible. Hand-out 500 uses an altered method so I did not list it under the aforementioned category.

With all things considered; however, I think my favorite rendition is still Gregory Wilson's Hundy 500 with some modified bill counts by Karl Hein. It may not be as visual as the others but, to me, it is still the most commercial version in terms of presentation and routining versus just a quick visual illusion.

The phase where he is illustrating the alleged "recoil" move to spectators in an attempt to teach the audience how short-change artists cheat people really sets them up and leads them down the garden path before turning the sprinklers on them when the morphing change occurs.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
How about CINCH..

It is getting great reactions!! HINT HINT
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
My girlfriend and I filmed this to test out the video feature on her digital camera for fun last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_KAwvN0qj8 Please pardon the location where it was shot Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Favorite Cash tricks? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL