The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » What's in a name? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I was born, Joseph Lepore. When I though what I should use I didn't think Joe the magician had any style. Then it hit me, instantly. "Hey, I'm just in style" Yeah, just...in...style, just in style. JUSTIN Style!

I'm Justin Style. Nice to meet you.

never looked back...

Good Luck
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Anything that has "ini" in it is good or that begins with "The Amazing" or ends with "The Great".

Try this in for size: "The Amazing Samuelini the Great"

Has a nice ring to it, and you can call it original because your a big guy and no one would give you a hard time in person for fear of possible repercussions. Never underestimate that.

I was thinking about using the name "Bill Palmer". Or maybe "David Copperfield" and say it's out of the book , then pretend not to know better.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
How about: Bill Switch?
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
...Or: Bill Melater?

Bill Von Bill

(Evil) Bill Malone, JR.

(Howdy) I'm Bill KING. (say it fast)
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
If I were Asian, I would go with Foo Lyng Yu.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I had the advantage of having my real last name used by a professional in the past, and he didn't make any money with it, either with the original English spelling and pronunciation or the French selling and pronunciation. He even used both Harry and LeRoy as first names with it (neither worked well). But still I have performed under my birthname and my name as a priest (baptismal name) and can't say it either launched me to great notice or left me to total oblivion either. Yet, I used one stage name for a few years when I was performing as a pro (even though I joke that I changed names frequently to get jobs, sometimes between tricks) I used my maternal grandfather's middle name, which is the name he went by , Omyn. I used two different pronunciations of it "omen" and the same with the e being long and the second syllable accented. The Omen movie series had started at the time and I was cashing in on the popularity of that name, plus the concept that omens are often associated with mystical and magical things. Again, can't say it launched me to great notice or total oblivion. I pretty much stay with what my parishioners call me "Fr. Photius" or "Fr. Photius Bouton" now.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of glatner
What's in a Name?

Usually some consonants and a few vowels.

(Unless your prince,)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Nearly Normal ...and Doctor of Laughology seems to work for me..

Google of Magic and Puppet Show will bring out some interesting characters.

Nigel seems to work for my lead character/puppet. Some remember it more than my last name..(Deutsch).

Can you say marketing....I had someone ask me to spell my name after a program last week. I said how did you know my name..she replied...well you used it through out your show..(smile)

Nearly Normal Magic is much easier to spell and find on the net than "Deutsch".

Aside...we had a visiting magician come to town. He was introduced to me(by name) he quipped oh the Laughologist.

As a part timer it is not as important to me as it this only helps pay the mortgage and the fun stuff like new siding....carpeting....

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
EVERYTHING is in a name. I believe you'll know the "right one" once you hear it.

All the Best,
magicianguy4life
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » What's in a name? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL