The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ok - Is "In 'n Out Burger" Really that good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 11:45, EsnRedshirt wrote:

Payne, yeah, but they're a private company, so they can. And the verses are unobtrusive enough that most people never even notice unless they're told about them. And from what I'm aware, they're less politically active than places like Chick Fil A.

Yes, and I'm a private citizen. I'm not telling others that they shouldn't go to In and Out Burgers. I'm just saying that I won't eat there. If it was a truly great burger I could overlook the overt religiosity of the place. But since they aren't any better than a Carl's Jr or a Wendy's I see no reason to go out of my way to eat at one. But since the closest one to my home is 600 miles away this isn't going to be a problem.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
The closest I get to it is a Wendy’s Triple Stack, and that is only when I'm in the Philippines. It was great at the time and it has a sense of nostalgia attached to it, but I probably wouldn't eat there now. At the time it was a lot of food for a decent price. Now, I just see the stroke waiting to happen...

Oh to be young and bullet proof once again!
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 11:51, Jason London wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 23:16, critter wrote:
The top bodybuilder in the world has a 4x with mustard every night at 2am in the off season. Weird.
I like mine with ketchup Smile

You forgot, he always has 2 slices of cheese and no salt as well.

He's in my avatar

Nice. I met him at the Max Muscle here. Got pics and autographs somewhere. Nice dude, but kind of quiet. Gunter is the coolest dude out of of all BB's. Gunter signed my "Beerfest" dvd with "das Boot! Gunter Schlierkamp."
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Payne- now Carl's Jr... yeah, that's another place that's really good. In my childhood, the only controversy associated with them was when they switched from the frozen extruded paste fries to frozen cut fries. A surprising amount of people preferred the potato paste. I think they eventually switched back.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Their (Carl's Jr.'s) ad campaigns make a big deal out of the "flame broiling," but I was never a big fan of the charring and propane-ish smell that went along with it.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Yes In-N-Out is that good. I suggest Animal Style 2X4 w/cheese fries.
You know why don't act naive.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I heard that the Big Kahuna is one tasty burger.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I never been there, on account my girlfriend is a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian, too.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I didn't read the thread but I think in and out burger is far over rated. If I had any other choice other than then I'd take it with the exception of Sonic which is horrific.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
5 Guys Burger much better... stay away from Smash Burgers... very disappointing. Most local old diner dive type places are always much better.

Bruce
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
5 Guys do have it going on.
You know why don't act naive.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I've given InO a half dozen chances but never found anything to keep me coming back!

This thread got me craving a burger but it'll be one of my own design tonight!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Oddly enough the Inlander paper just came out with a burger contest. D'Lish, the In N' Out copycat, came in third. The new place by my house, Rusty Roof, came in first. Second was a 104 year old diner in Cour d'Alene.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Don't forget White Castles! Best sliders ever. Eat one today and enjoy it all week.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Your 5 guys must be better than ours. We went once to a new one that opened up here in Seattle. No need to go back.

We just had a Counter Burger open up here though. Well worth a look if you run across one. A truly tasty burger.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/locations/

We usually just do Kidd Valley though as it's the closet "Real" burger joint to my house. And a local tradition here in Seattle.

http://kiddvalley.com/

Red Mill is actually better but always crowded and parking is a problem.

http://www.redmillburgers.com/

Lots of places in Seattle though to get a really good hamburger that would totally eclipse the best that In and Out could ever make

http://www.seattlemet.com/eat-and-drink/......rs-0609/
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Payne - where is the 5 Guys up here? I've never been and always wanted to go, merely out of curiosity after seeing Obama and Brian Williams go to one in D.C. once.

I'm an In N' Out fan, and the secret menu is indeed great. Not to mention the company was taken over by a 23-year old girl, which is just plain hot.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 19:56, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Not to mention the company was taken over by a 23-year old girl, which is just plain hot.

I understand that she likes math geeks.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 22:22, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 19:56, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Not to mention the company was taken over by a 23-year old girl, which is just plain hot.

I understand that she likes math geeks.

Nuts! My high school algebra teacher was right - I WILL need this stuff some day!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ok - Is "In 'n Out Burger" Really that good? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL