The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Nice pitch opportunity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Ledbetter, my boy. It has nothing to do with my mother. We all make mistakes and I think YOUR mother made one. Now do pay attention, there's a good chap. I rather think you require some education in these matters.

I am a GRAFTER. We are all horrible people. We work to the verminous members of the public day in and day out and become as miserable as Don Driver and me. Those vermin have our money in their pockets, after all and it is such a struggle getting it back that it makes us a little ill tempered.

Howard Thurston used to say to himself before going on stage "I love my audiences" He would never have made a grafter I am afraid. Before we start work every day we curse all the people that are about to torture us and hope fervently that they will have a bad day. And of course we try to contribute to that by selling them a poor quality Chinese deck of cards with sub standard instructions which of course they will never be able to master. And we take greater delight in selling them a worm that will last about 4 hours or so plus a piece of thread that hopefully they will lose within 5 minutes of purchase.

We take great joy in other people's misery. I see that you are an entertainer who tries to make people happy. I am afraid you have no place in this section.
markkyoung
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of markkyoung
That is VERY funny.
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
"We take great joy in other people's misery"
Wow -- you are seriously ill. You remind me of Scrooge.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
That is because you have never sold Svengali decks for a living, my boy. If you had you would then know what I am talking about. I have seen the nicest of men turn into savage beasts when doing this. I have seen mild-mannered Val Andrews scream at the punters and equally harmless Jay Sankey spit venom at them after only one week of working.

Dearie me. I rather think you would be more at home in the gospel section.
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Quote:
On 2011-06-13 23:12, briansmagic wrote:
Mark,
What did your mother do to you as a child that was so terrible?
I refuse to say anything derogatory about someone's mother--even his. But I'm thinking it....

Jon
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Jon. I didn't know you could. Think that is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Nice pitch opportunity (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL