The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Hey, what happen to the janitor? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24023 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
After your performance do clean up after yourself, (mouth coil paper, confetti, snow fan, etc.) I notice some people will leave because they think that is not their job.
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
404 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I stopped doing any effect which would leave a mess years ago. I do do the mouth coil, but then I put it in my ditch bag. I even pick up the tape that i use to 'mark' my stage before I leave and take that with me.
I was greatfull for this attitude, after walking into several restaurants for communion shows recently,where the manager immediately walked up to me and told me horror stories of the last magician who they had to clean up after.
A stage show is a different matter, but if you're in someones living room, I wouldn't do anything that they have to clean up after.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I had an MC grab me and stop me from going back on stage to clean up during an interval (no curtains, just an open stage). He said "your the star...send someone else." I ended up sending a clown who I consider an idol of mine out to clean up my mess because he was a low status character and they audience new it.

that's why we should have had more stage hands!!!
Leo B. Domapias
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Leo B. Domapias
I always clean up myself. The reason is not only out of courtesy to the owner of the performing venue but also to make sure that I don’t leave props behind. One time, because I forgot to clean up, I left behind my “No Tear Torn and Restored Newspaper”---which the janitor promptly threw into the trash bin never to be seen again.

Ben Benjay
Manila, Philippines
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
I always try to leave the stage clean. People will remember you in a negative way if you don't clean up after yourself. Either do it yourself or pay somepone else to do it. If you leave it for the janitor, be sure to tip him (or her).
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Hey, what happen to the janitor? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL