The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Fantasy Universe Duo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Stereo,seems as if the Levitron version also comes with a removeable base from globe in order to float other objects.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I'm not sure to understand your sentence, you say that the cheaper version have the small base too ? If yes it's good news because the price of amazon version is very interesting !
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Yes Stereo I believe this is true. I will get the Amazon one and let you know.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Well I'm happy to report that I received my Levitron World Stage from Amazon at about one third the price tat SEO magic is selling the Tenyo version for...and best...that I see no difference whatsoever in what the Tenyo version is advertised to do. I believe in this case that Tenyo might have put it's name on the Fascinations Levitron product.

My son and I not only floated a deck of cards, as in the demo video, but a transparent glass salt shaker. Dim the lights and the salt shaker looks awesome, underlit by the blue lights. Looks like Close Encounters of the Third Kind spaceship!
MT
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of MT
Can levitron do 5 Oz? I just checked out tenyo's effect and I can't tell any difference
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
I haven't actually measured so can't say for sure...but we got such things as a half inch hardback book and computer mouse to float. I was wondering about this also from the start.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2870 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Can you maybe specify the item number on Amazon (ASIN) of your Levitron?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
http://www.earthtechproducts.com/levitro......obe.html

http://www.amazon.com/Fascinations-Levit......3&sr=8-2

Here again are 2 links to sites that carry thus Levitron.

We still need to figure out if this 3 vs 5 oz difference is truly different between the SEO Tenyo and Levitron. The demo videos look exactly the same as I said and I can do everything with the Fascinatiins/Levitron as the Tenyo seems to do.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Just ordered my Levitron off Amazon.

I called SEO this morning to discuss specs. They had no clue there was a similar or same product as the Tenyo Universe Duo. Not sure how large yours is, but she said the illuminated base is about 10 inches squared or so.

It could be that Tenyo had the manufacturer install a larger electromagnet to suspend more weight, hence a larger base if it even is, etc... BUT, from what I can see, it's identical outside of a name change and branding.

It's like Tenyo is pulling a Doug Henning with the OEM, hopefully for them it doesn't bomb as bad.

Logically, Tenyo would have to pay an OEM big $$$ to change the form factor and to go from 3 oz. to 5 oz. seems totally unrealistic.

It might be that the Levitron can do 5 oz. as well, it sounds like the SEO people have been testing the Tenyo version quite a bit.

If the Tenyo base unit is larger to house a stronger electromagnet, there would explain the increase in suspension weight if there is indeed a size difference. Adding a stronger electromagnet might not even require a larger base, perhaps the PSU is larger, etc, etc

Pure speculation until someone clams up and buys both.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Houdini,

I just measured the base. It is 7 1/4 in. square and the base width is about 3/4". If the SEO Tenyo base is really 10 inches...it may be more powerful...but that is HUGE compared to the deck of cards you may be floating on it.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YDJMKS......7&sr=8-5

Bought mine for $57 but the rub is a minimum $25 shipping rate.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2011-05-25 18:11, towledge wrote:
Houdini,

I just measured the base. It is 7 1/4 in. square and the base width is about 3/4". If the SEO Tenyo base is really 10 inches...it may be more powerful...but that is HUGE compared to the deck of cards you may be floating on it.

I'm guessing it's not.

I'll call them real quick and get exact measurements, standby.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
P.S. The Tenyo version CAN'T be 10 inches...unless they're floating a jumbo card deck!
The size of a card case is standard of course. Both on my Levitron unit and the one shown in the SEO video...the edges of the card case when at the horizontal to audience position...almost "touches" the inner lights on the stage. The proportions look exactly the same. A card case is a card case.

BTW, I got free shipping. Don't know why you didn't.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
No answer.

But, if you look at the photo on the web site, their base can't be 10 inches as you can see how large a standard deck of playing cards is to the rest of the base.

So, unless there is a difference in the electromagnet/power allowing for greater weight suspension, they appear to be identical.

I doubt there are any other controls, but this could be another factor.

That all being said, would you pay more than twice as much to levitate 2 more ounces?

I'm going to laugh if I bust out my Tanita Japanese micro scale, get an object as close to 5 oz. in weight as I can, place it on the base for levitation and it works perfectly. LOL.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Just curious if anyone has anything else to add comparing the SEO Tenyo Fantasy Universe Duo with the Levitron version.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Just curious if anyone has anything else to add comparing the SEO Tenyo Fantasy Universe Duo with the Levitron version.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Good idea to transform it into a book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rBj_tFqOnQ
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Very cool adaptation. And the rear view is improved as well! Thanks for pointing this out Magic Patagonia.
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
131 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Very cool Magic Patagonia! Now I wonder if you could put the floating portion (the flying base) INTO the card case? That would conceal both... could probably be used for comedic effect Smile
-- superpixel = Victor --
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Yes you can put the floating part into card case and you should for this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Fantasy Universe Duo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL