We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn 2.0 vs. Hundy 500 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jackofspades11
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, Utah
65 Posts

Profile of jackofspades11
Hey everyone, just thought I'd ask for your opinion on two of the most popular bill change effects. Which do you like better Extreme Burn 2.0 or Hundy 500?
p.s. Please include why you like one or the other better.
Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
jackofspades11
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, Utah
65 Posts

Profile of jackofspades11
Thanks! It sounds like most people prefer "EXTREME BURN".
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
Extreme Burn is the business!!
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
Extreme Burn is the one (esp. V2)
Magic Roman
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Magic Roman
I have and use both, but if I had to choose between the two; I’d go with Extreme Burn. The “move” is accomplished in a much smoother way because of the “construction material” used in EB; however, Hundy 500 is great because the construction is easier.
I actually use a different “construction material” than that provided with Extreme Burn 1, and 2. My material allows for more longevity in the appearance of the gimmick. Additionally the “move” happens much more cleanly with my material.
FYI: There are LOTS of stacked bill switches out there. I’d like to suggest Hand Out 500 by Steve Haynes, as the bills can be handed out to be examined at the end. When I’m not using EB or Hundy, I use Hand Out 500.
A note on handing out the bills:
In my patter (with EB, and Hundy) I actually hand out the first three bills and don’t have any trouble with people asking to see the bills. EB 2.0 Richard Sanders talks about how to ditch the gimmick, and it’s a nice idea; but honestly, I VERY RARELY am asked to see the bills. I move my routine along with other effects to keep a momentum moving that leaves specs wanting more and still blown away on the last few effects.

Roman
harvini2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of harvini2
They both Play Big
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
56 Posts

Profile of Rectify
In my experiences with Extreme Burn, I would highly suggest it. It packs small and plays big, great reactions, and there are methods to hand out the bills with EB 2.0.
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Agreed, although I hate it that I can't use Extreme Burn with Australian currency, just thinking about it now though, I am going overseas for a holiday... Aghhhhhhhhh!!!! I realised I lost the DVD but still have the gimmick. If anyone could PM me with details how to use it with different (mixed colors and sizes) bills it would be appreciated. Smile

Magically,
Gibson
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I am in Australia and would love to do this effect. I remember the old 'folding money fooling' routine and gimmick, I haven't made one up in years but don't see why this couldn't be done with Ozzie notes if you used blank paper to begin with instead of other notes, if you made a few changes. I will make one and see how it looks.

Is there something new and different about this version of the gimmick that would prevent doing this with (plastic) Ozzie notes?

The main problem is Ozzie notes have small see through windows in them. I thought about this and had the idea that if you use blank sheets and had holes punched in them and say they were 'unprinted notes' then printed them this could work, with minor handling changes and careful use of blocking with your fingers.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10646 Posts

Profile of saysold1
My opinion only but why the need to keep using local currency for EB 2.0?

Why not stick with American dollars as they work like a dream, everyone knows them, and it allows many lines of great patter? Especially now with the dollar losing value across the world against almost all other currencies?

You could even mention the 14 trillion dollar debt problems in the United States as part of your patter... Smile

I just got back from Norway and used my American dollars (ones to 20's) - performing this daily multiple times for the past month. Everyone was familiar with American currency. The reactions have been consistently mind blowing and overwhelmingly positive - without exception!!!

I simply mentioned in my patter that "Since coming to Norway I can't believe how expensive everything is - and how weak the American dollar is" (I typically get big head nods). I then mention that I have five one dollar bills and ask them "would that be considered a lot of money in Norway?" and "I'm rich right?" as I proceed to count the bills out and show both sides...to which I typically get a big smile or giggles. Some people actually start trying to figure out a rough conversion, which provides a nice little bit of subtle misdirection too...

Then I do the bill change.

Not once has anyone wanted to see this with Norwegian Kroners. Now of course I'm American, and I do mention this at the beginning. But I don't think anyone would care if someone from ANYWHERE is doing EB with American currency. I have been reading posts for a long time from others longing to perform EB with their own currency and expressing some frustration, but to my mind this seems like Magician's thinking again.

From the standpoint of the spectators lets face it...they could probably care less about which TYPE of currency is actually used. My opinion only but American currency probably offers many lines of patter, the best quality of gimmick without extra hassles, and so many varied patter possibilities especially with the current world economy.

Why fight it?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Personally I have used 3D Cash, Heiny 500, EBs, and Hundy 500I still use the majority of Greg's handling. The only thing I changed was the style of change. I took the change fromn 3D cash, but use the rest of Hundy. 3D I wasn't comfotable with. Heiny, is good, but personally the style didn't seem right for me. EBs were flashy but not as good on angles. Hundy was more of an all around good at everything, but not amazing. But it's a good thing to have with you for two reasons. One the Easy Money or variations by Page are just great tricks to have, and second you will be strapped for cash at one point or another and be glad you have that in your wallet.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Whatever version you decide to use, this is one of the most powerful close up effects you can do.

I've done this hundreds of times, and the reactions are always over the top!
Sammy J. Teague
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Having both Hundy and EB 2.0, I have to say the handling in EB is far superior then Hundy...the openess of EB is amazing...the bills just switch! In hundy, I'm not a fan of folding the bills in half then it changes...the underground change Richard sanders has is amazing as well...good stuff...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn 2.0 vs. Hundy 500 (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL