The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent Haven ConVENTion 2011 Update (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Y'know, Steve's right. We should get to work right away to help Wanlu and Colin get here NEXT year.

-Philip
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Thanks Philip Smile

You know what, I just got an email from a Ms Allisa Kelly setting an appointment so she can help me meet up with Mr Terry Fator at VentHaven. That is of course if I made it this year. Wow, another reason to be sorry I was not granted a visa. Anyway, does anybody know her? I would love to meet up with Mr Fator next year.

Wanlu
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
My story is very long and boring. I'd paid for every thing months ago, including a Selberg figure I was going to pick up while I was there, before I realised that I was not intittled to the standard visa waiver.
I've not been refused a visa, it's just been moved to the next level of processing, I was told that might take a month, that would have been enough time, although I have now been told it's more likely to be 16-18 weeks, maybe intime for next year.
Because of various issues with children at University etc, this year would be the best for me to have gone but it's not the end of the world and I'm sure I'll make it one day.
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I am looking forward to performing in the Senior Open Mic. A question for the veterans: Do I need to schlepp my own puppet table to KY, or is one provided, or could I borrow one? I use a simple Al Good stand.

Thanks.

Bob
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Bob,
One will be available!
Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

kidshowvent
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of kidshowvent
Hey Bob..I thought I wrote you an answer. Jeesh..sorry! As Tom said we do have a stand for puppets that you can use, so don' worry about bringing yours. See you soon!
Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Mark,

I don't know if you noticed, one of our veteran family members, Mr. Salzman (wife Suzanne) was taken off of life support yesterday.
Don't know how long he will last, but our thoughts and prayers need to be with them in their hour of need. They are a very sweet couple, devoted to both each other and the art of ventriloquism and will be sorely missed this year.

Also, one of our "Newbies" from last year, "Capt. Joe" Joseph Radle and I had gotten to be buddies. In mid June I notice that I had not been getting my daily doses of cartoon email from Joseph. I called his house and spoke with his wife Anne to see if they had been out of town. She informed me that on June 3rd, Capt. Joe had had a massive heart attack and had passed. I will sure miss the almost daily dose of silliness from Joseph.

As much as we have come to look forward to the annual festival of craziness at VHC (our personal family vacation) it is hard when you get close to folks and realize that some of your "family" are not with us anymore.

That said, we are ready for the fun to begin and to spend time with the rest of the family and to welcome many new family members into our hearts.

Steve

http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
I am sorry for our loss.

-Philip
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Maybe each year we could take a minute to remember those we lost in each previous year.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Great idea Neale.

Looking forward to seeing you again next week. Maybe this year we can spend a little more time getting acquainted.

Steve

http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
I hate looking in this thread, but I can't help it.
I hope I can attend next year.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Dash & Me
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Dash & Me
Sorry to hear Wanlu & Colin are unable to attend this year. I was looking forward to meeting both of you.

Troy
kidshowvent
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of kidshowvent
Hi Steve..I knew about Sue Saltzman serious situation and have been in contact with her a couple of times. I didn't know about Captain Joe though. That's too bad! I feel for his family.

Sorry all this sadness comes out at any time, but especially now with the ConVENTion upon us. We will celebrate their lives by doing a great job at the ConVENTion this year.

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com

PS- Sorry I haven't checked in and posted more on the Café. I've been tied up with last minute details for the ConVENTion.
southernmagi
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
18 Posts

Profile of southernmagi
Hey Guys.......Keep us posted on the ConVention at WORLDVENTS.

Have a grand time...........(:o)

Conrad
Conrad Hartz
Professional Puppets in Wood
Beaufort, South Carolina
http://www.facebook.com/Conrad.Hartz
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
Conrad is on Magic Café'. Welcome, welcome!!
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Oh, welcome here, Uncle Conrad!
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
MT
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of MT
Final update:

VentHaven is now over. Super glad I came. My favorite part was watching other people perform. You learn so much that way and get ideas.

So it was asked of Terry Fator how he got his material early on his career and he said that he just stole the material from someone else. Then he said that everyone steals material from other people. Everyone laughed. There really is a lot of truth to this. Of course we should strive to be original.

I also enjoyed Sarah Jones from Australias performance. She is really funny. Mark Merchants Noseworthy was awesome too

So Jeff Dunham signed tons of autographs. There was still a long line even after an hour. For those of you who don't know jeff mentioned when he was 13 he came to his first VentHaven and though some might have brushed him off as a kid Jimmy Nelson was approachable and that was very affirming.

On another note I think I will seek out a voice coach to help me with my voice. Us vents use our voice so much that I think it only makes sense.
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Quote:
On 2011-07-15 16:58, southernmagi wrote:
Hey Guys.......Keep us posted on the ConVention at WORLDVENTS.

Have a grand time...........(:o)

Conrad

Welcome to the Magic Café sir Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Welcome, Conrad! I've got one of your children!

-Philip
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Noseworthy is Don Bryan's character
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent Haven ConVENTion 2011 Update (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL