The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent Haven ConVENTion 2011 Update (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
MT
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of MT
Welcome Conrad
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
It was a great convention. I learned that, " Mark Wade is a Great Man!!!".......and they love him in Japan!!!:):):)
It was a running joke all through the convention, got funnier every time..
Mark and Ken & Tom put on a great show...
Bill
marshalldoll
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of marshalldoll
Welcome Conrad!! This is a very special group and we are happy to have you with us!!
Dan
http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Bill - the credit goes to Mark and Ken - I'm just a small cog in the works.

There are a ton of people that work around and behind the scenes to make VentHaven a success. (Two tons if you count Bob Hamill. Smile ) We all do it because we love the art and want to help and inspire others. I'd like to publicly thank Mark Truman, Sue Johnson, and Bill Hamm, my partners on the sound team, for putting up with me.

And thanks Mark Wade & Ken for running an incredible conVENTion!

Tom

BTW - Hi Conrad!
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

CatLady
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of CatLady
What a fantastic convention! I'm glad I was able to make it again. It's a very long trip for me to come all the way from Australia but it is well worth it. I'd encourage any other international artists considering it to make the journey.

It was lovely to catch up with old friends and make some new ones.

Performing in the International Show was an absolute honour. It is quite nerve wracking to perform in front of so many other ventriloquists. Thank you MT and others for your kind words. Thank you to to Stevo who did a great job hosting the show and forcing me to get on stage and not run away as I was rather tempted to do.

There were so many highlights of the convention but some of my particular favourites include;
"The Importance of Women in Ventriloquism." Lynn Trefzger did a great job moderating this panel. She is very funny has such a lovely presence of stage. She has been a huge inspiration to me.
Another panel discussion "What makes a Pro" was also very good. It was great to hear Dan Horn speak. He is one of the most talented vents around in my opinion.

Mark Wade and Ken Groves teamed up for a fantastic lecture on "Generating great Ideas." Nick Parlow ran great a workshop on creativity. He showed us some of the puppets he has made and discussed his brainstorming process. There is a lot of the same old, tired jokes being used in Ventriloquism. So I think these lectures and workshops were very valuable. Ventriloquism gives us so much room for creativity and the whole art grows so much when we stray away from joke books and well worn routines.

The dealers room was a treasure trove. For those of us who live overseas it is an invaluable opportunity to see and try out puppets in person. I bought a ton of great dvds and books. I also ordered one of Axtell's new mic mouth! It is a really versatile prop and I can't wait for it to arrive. It was great to meet Steve for the first time. He is a lovely guy.

I can't even begin to imagine how much work goes into producing a convention like that. Many thanks goes to the great men themselves Mark Wade and Ken Groves also to Tom Crowl, Mark Truman, the Daves and all the others who worked so tirelessly on sound and backstage. This convention was such an amazing opportunity to me and over 500 others so we're very grateful you all work so hard to make it happen.

I'm not sure whether I will make it next year but I certainly hope to!
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Hi Sarah,

Those of us who are "old timers" were also pleased to have the pleasure of meeting you for the first time. Even knowing the pressure you were feeling, your performance was wonderful and a delight to see.

Glad you made it home safely, and like I told you Saturday night, "Throw another shrimp on the barbie". Sure hope you are able to make it back next year.

Steve

http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Yes, Sarah, your performance was gold. Did you not perform last year? I look forward to seeing you perform again sometime in the future.
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks Sarah, it was great to meet you too! I have your photo with the Mic Mouth on the page now.... Here is the Mic Mouth that was introduced by Mark Wade! http://www.axtell.com/micmouth.html

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
kidshowvent
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of kidshowvent
Hi Steve(s), Sarah, and all of our regulars here at the Magic Café...Thanks for the kudos on the ConVENTion. It is a labor of love and does take a lot of time. It's sometimes rough getting time to double check everything due to my own and Ken's heavy performance schedule but we seem to make it work each year. But the real stars of the ConVENTion are all of YOU who come each year and make it a fun and learning place. Steve (Ax), I was honored to be the person to introduce your new creation, "Mic Mouth". It is going to become a utility piece in every vents bag of tricks..just like the drawing board.

Thanks to all of you again, and did you know I am big in Japan? Smile They think I'm a "great man". I got to keep fooling them!!!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2125 Posts

Profile of axtell
*I* was honored Mark to have you...the great man present the MIC MOUTH! I will be posting the video of your actual presentation soon.... as well as our new series of video interviews (which you are also one of) called "The Magic Moment". This series explores how different people approach character development and experiment with voices and manipulation when they first put a puppet on their hands and bring it to life... the "magic moment!". We were blessed to be able to interview Mark Wade, Terry Fator, Lynn Trefzger, Nina Conti, Mike Hemelgarn, Gary Owen, Ken Groves, Al Getler, Pete Michaels, Gary Hunter, Bob Abdou, Al Moesinger and Steve Petra! These will be released on our website over the next few weeks. http://www.axtell.com

Make you plans to attend 2012!

What are the dates Mark?
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hi Sarah,
The pleasure of meeting you and watching you perform was all mine. I sincerely hope you're back next year, loved your act.
Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent Haven ConVENTion 2011 Update (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL