We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » O'Pongo Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rubiales
View Profile
New user
El Puerto de Santa Maria
86 Posts

Profile of Rubiales
Extraction of four coins realized with the O'Pongo Box.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8431970/videos_b......atro.mov
Gipstein
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
73 Posts

Profile of Gipstein
I just got the Opongo box hoping it would truly be an all-in-one utility box (and lighten my travel load), but I don't think it will. It is very well made, and there are some great, traditional Boston box routines that can be done with it. But the "transformation" from an Okito to a Boston box is not smooth, quick or even reliable at all. The extra "bit" requires a dab of Magician's W** to keep it in place, and it does not detach easily. And a bit of the W** is left on the exposed coin. One could show it as a regular Okito without the extra bit attached, but it could not be examined nor used as a regular Okito in that configuration. Perhaps if I play with it a lot more this will work itself out. But I think my set of 3 Bhudda boxes and my current routining to ring in/out the different boxes works just as well. A handsome box, very well made, with a good idea that does not seem to work so well once in hand. Oh well. Sometimes, the better mousetrap has its own — new — limitations.
Magic is where dreams become reality and reality becomes a dream.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Wow! I'm impressed!!
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Yes, it's a pitty about the wax. M......c would be better.
Now, if only the 'Boston box plus' included a slot, that would be perfect.
Could rubber cement be used for the 'opongo box'?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » O'Pongo Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL