The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The holy grail exists? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
granterg
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of granterg
Apparently Luca Volpe's ACAAN "H-ACAAN"(not sure of the name) was available.

Does anyone know if it still is?

Best, granterg
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 23:18, DavidGamut wrote:
I am in total awe at what Jeremy has created. However, until I have more success and become a total full time performer (I'm in the middle of that awkward transition now), I will obviously not to be able to afford effects like these currently (but one day...)

In the meantime, I don't understand what everyone is so upset at. I will put it this way, when you attempt to grab stuff like this, most of the time people are using it to perform for other magicians. Because to the laymen, it doesn't matter which version you perform, for the most part they perceive the same thing, and thus remember the same thing. And if not, you can cause them to misremember you ever touching the deck. So you know what, it's ok.

I do however look forward to working with Mr Weiss in the future though Smile

To the best of my knowledge, Jeremy's ACAAN has long been sold out and is not available.
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
I don't believe Jeremy has ever had an ACAAN
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-01-27 18:35, smokingkills wrote:
I don't believe Jeremy has ever had an ACAAN

I am guessing that you weren't at MindVention two years ago when he performed it several times. Are you saying that all of us who saw him do it aren't telling the truth?
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
I don't doubt he performed an ACAAN.

Let me clarify what I meant by "has ever had" in my above post: I do not believe he has ever marketed or sold an ACAAN as described on his website. I believe the effects listed on the website were never on sale and I doubt they exist.

That's not to say he doesn't perform one or more versions of an ACAAN himself.
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
I wanted to jump in on this just for fun. I do believe personally this is all a hoax, about the Weiss version of acaan that was marketed for a huge amount of money. But, I don't know for sure. It is a lot of fun wondering though. I've heard the phrase "mindvention 2009" mentioned about 100 times. I was at mindvention 2011, but I wasn't able to make 2009. There are a couple possibilities in my mind. Maybe they all got together at a lecture during mindvention and discussed that this would be a secret for everyone who attended...an experiment of how a legend can grow? (Just as a joke.) That would kinda make sense if you think about it. Another possibility is that Weiss performed a very clean version of acaan at mindvention(2009) a few times (using a stooge for example)...it only takes a few people to witness this for a legend to grow exponentially. I really don't know what happened. I can admit that. As far as Ben Harris and Bob Cassidy saying they own this, I'm somewhat baffled. I really think they are just playing along, but for a logical reason. Perhaps it's just a very expensive piece of paper that says "use a memor**** deck and a stooge", and Harris and Cassidy both got a free review copy? Smile

As for the smart alec comments about asking for a video of Weiss performing this, I understand why a demo video of this partciular effect might not make any sense, but can you really blame Magicians for asking, doing research, and trying to get to the bottom of this Bob and Jeremy? Dai Vernon went crazy going around the country trying to find Allen Kennedy just because he heard about this guy's ability to do a center deal. It wasn't enough for Vernon just to hear a rumor about it. Vernon finally found Allen Kennedy and, as the story goes, Kennedy showed Vernon the center deal. Would you give Vernon a hard time for doing what he did? Heck, he was just curious. Don't give someone a hard time for being curious.

I did see J. Weiss briefly at mindvention 2011, but I was honestly too afraid to approach him and ask him if I could witness this. I was too afraid he would be upset that I asked to see it in person. It's the truth.
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3056 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Just think a card now...and a number....get your shuffled deck and check Smile
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I just did, but I was one off!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Most new mentalists don't seem to realize that the original, and best IMO, version of ACAAN appeared in "The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks."
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3056 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 18:58, catweazle wrote:

Well, let me tell you this real story.
I meet a magician friends, few months ago and he saw my video on youtube and he insisted asking me to perform the ACAAN (keep in mind that we was in a Bar in Italy) so I asked him if he had a deck of cards, he said yes...then I asked him to shuffle, and he shuffled...then I asked him to tell me a card, and he said the King of spades, and I asked him to tell me a number, he said 27...I asked him to take his own deck and to decide if count the card from the top or the bottom, he said the bottom, he count the cards and the 27th cards was the King of Spades!....He is still speaking....I am still thanking GOD!
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
Quote:
Most new mentalists don't seem to realize that the original, and best IMO, version of ACAAN appeared in "The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks."

But is it better than the $2,400 version that some of us may have bought?

I'm personally saving up my money for ACAAN 2: Holier Than Thou. I've heard it utilises secret material that NASA uses during top secret space missions.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18484 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Could it just be, that despite this heady age of electronic sharing, instant idea swapping, and all the rest of it...maybe, just maybe not everyone gets to be privvy to absolutely everything? and just because you don't believe something happened, doesn't mean you are entitled to see/hear/have it explained freely something that took place...its fair enough not believing in something, but that non belief happens outside of the absolute truth of a situation/experience...
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
Do you own the version of ACAAN as advertised on that website Iain which was reportedly sold for $2400?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18484 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 07:17, smokingkills wrote:
Do you own the version of ACAAN as advertised on that website Iain which was reportedly sold for $2400?

I have seen it performed, but not by jeremy...but by a person he sold one to...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11709 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 07:28, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 07:17, smokingkills wrote:

I have seen it performed, but not by jeremy...but by a person he sold one to...

was it worth $2400? With all the other acaans you've seen was this one that much better?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18484 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its not about whether I value something or not, its whether those that own it and perform it feel it has given them value...whether that be closing an important booking or whatever else, there lies the value... I don't own it - so can't say...its not like he then sat me down and ran me through it!

and as its not for sale anymore - so pointless discussing it further to be honest...
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 06:32, lucavolpe wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 18:58, catweazle wrote:

Well, let me tell you this real story.
I meet a magician friends, few months ago and he saw my video on youtube and he insisted asking me to perform the ACAAN (keep in mind that we was in a Bar in Italy) so I asked him if he had a deck of cards, he said yes...then I asked him to shuffle, and he shuffled...then I asked him to tell me a card, and he said the King of spades, and I asked him to tell me a number, he said 27...I asked him to take his own deck and to decide if count the card from the top or the bottom, he said the bottom, he count the cards and the 27th cards was the King of Spades!....He is still speaking....I am still thanking GOD!

pretty awesome, hope he doesn't read this thread!:0
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 19:01, mastermindreader wrote:

using a M T deck?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
This is all just a conspiracy, agent 15 is probably watching, I'm out Smile

On a serious note, what's the obsession with ACAAN? I mean that in a sincere way, not attacking anyone's thoughts or anything like that I just never really got to much out of the plot, that's all.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18484 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I agree darren, most people miss the whole point behind The Berglas Effect...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The holy grail exists? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL