The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Helping out a legend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
The deadline for contributions is now set for Monday. I know that's short notice, but I want to get this thing together as quickly as I can so that funds can start being moved over with haste. However, since I am still waiting to hear back from friends that are really busy, I propose that after the official release (aiming for next week), any additional contributions that are sent in will be added to the existing book and sent along to all purchasers as an update a la Switchcraft. This will continue until all contributions have ceased.

-rob
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Rob,

Special sales of the "Invisible Eye" have so far resulted in donations totalling $160 for Rick's benefit. The sale will remain in effect until June 1 at which time a final accounting will be posted and the funds fowarded to Rick via PayPal along with a list of the donors.
Dick Christian
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
That's excellent news, Dick! The total is now $200 even as I have just placed an order for myself. Smile

-rob

PS. 1000 posts! I'm someone special now! LOL
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I think they send you a t-shirt on the 1,000th post. And it's delivered by a scantily clad blonde assistant-type.

That's the rumor anyway. Okay...that's the rumor I am trying to START.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its not true - its me in my underpants, eating a lamb-shank...and its not a trophy, its a toilet-brush...

Rob - if in the future you want to do a printed copy and sell and give the proceeds to Rick - I can help with that too if you so wish...
I've asked to be banned
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
OK everyone, here's what I have. Rick Maue's, "the final picture"

You get: the manuscript, the special something (not a gimmick) and I'll throw in three small nicely polished restaurant cups. These do not normally come with this effect. I will also pay the shipping cost to whomever takes this. I'll leave it open 'till June 1st. and see where we are then. Now's your chance to get this great effect, plus a little something extra. And, of course to help out Rick.

Lets start the bidding at $25. Do I hear $30?

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Rob,

Got your payment and your "Invisible Eye" is already in the mail and on its way to you.

Enjoy!

Hoping to break $300-400 by June 1.
Dick Christian
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Dick,

Can I send you a money order for one of these?

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Thank you, Dick! I'm very thankful for your generosity in this.

Quick update on the ebook - I have received around 20 contributions so far and I am expecting more by the weekend. I haven't had the time to sift through all of them, but the ones that I've read are very impressive! Todd Robbins sent in a routine that is just KILLER! Just wait until you see this! I had lunch with Jared Kopf yesterday and he performed for me a beautiful, hard hitting, impromptu mentalism routine that he is going to write up for the e-book. Let's just say that in one of his performances, he moved a woman to tears with this effect.

Keep in mind that this e-book is not just mentalism. There is going to be magic and essays as well. If you read my Tips & Tricks e-book, you'll know that I think the magic vs mentalism thing is just silly, so all things that pertain to the mystery arts will be included in this e-book.

I'm still waiting to hear back from some friends on their contributions, but this is coming along quite nicely.

-rob
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Rob,

Kingbird Cometh has just been sent. It is more than 12MB. So, let me know if you do not get it.

Thanks.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Got it Bobby. Thank you for this.

Because of the short deadline, Jared Kopf is going to contribute a different routine that's already been written up instead of the impromptu routine that I talked about before. Sorry guys. He just doesn't have the time to research all of his references to the routine. Maybe I can persuade him to write it up for a future update. We will see.

-rob
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
You can create new editions Rob.

Is better to release the First Edition ASAP and after that go to new contributions.

Create a webpage for the project and also a logo. I can put that logo in my page and promote this great project.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Quote:
On 2011-05-18 18:54, IAIN wrote:
“Our lives are to be used and thus to be lived as fully as possible, and truly it seems that we are never so alive as when we concern ourselves with other people.” Harry Chapin

I think I've seen that quote somewhere before... Smile In fact, I have tried to live it for the past few decades.

But man, reading through this thread is more than a bit surreal. I don't know how to say thanks...the words just don't seem to come close to expressing our gratitude. Imagine me not knowing what to say. Wow, you guys finally figured out a way to get me to shut up.

For now, I'll just say thanks...you guys are the best.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 09:49, Amirá wrote:
You can create new editions Rob.

Is better to release the First Edition ASAP and after that go to new contributions.

Create a webpage for the project and also a logo. I can put that logo in my page and promote this great project.

If anyone wants to donate their time to create a site or ad for this as Pablo suggested, that would be great. Right one I have my hands full with reading through the contributions and editing. Help me get the word out!

-rob
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 21:17, Rick Maue wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-18 18:54, IAIN wrote:
“Our lives are to be used and thus to be lived as fully as possible, and truly it seems that we are never so alive as when we concern ourselves with other people.” Harry Chapin

I think I've seen that quote somewhere before... Smile In fact, I have tried to live it for the past few decades.

But man, reading through this thread is more than a bit surreal. I don't know how to say thanks...the words just don't seem to come close to expressing our gratitude. Imagine me not knowing what to say. Wow, you guys finally figured out a way to get me to shut up.

For now, I'll just say thanks...you guys are the best.

Keep the change,
Rick

It is our honor and our pleasure, my friend.

-rob
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 14:05, IAIN wrote:
Its not true - its me in my underpants, eating a lamb-shank...and its not a trophy, its a toilet-brush...

Rob - if in the future you want to do a printed copy and sell and give the proceeds to Rick - I can help with that too if you so wish...

Then I plan to put off my thousandth post as long as possible.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
OK, this is not quite the usual contribution, but . . . .

For the magician/mentalist who has everything--much of it in a drawer--I'm auctioning off a spot in my next novel--THE HOUDINI KILLER--which will be published in 2013 by Macmillan. The winning bidder will appear as a named character in the book.

THE HOUDINI KILLER is the prequel to THE ZODIAC DECEPTION, which will appear early next year. It involves my protagonist's "education" between 1918, when he's 8, to 1936. Houdini and other magicians of the period figure prominently in it, so here's a chance to hobnob with the immortals.

Part of my profits from both novels are being donated back to magic in a way that I will explain at a later date, so along with helping Rick--which is cause enough--you'll be part of helping our art.

PM me--or email me at gary.kriss@gmail.com--but only with serious bids, please. The auction will end on June 1.

My prayers are with you and yours, Rick.

Gary
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
I will send you my contribution to the book in about 6 hours, hope I'll make it in time - please wait for it Smile !
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Alright, PMd and emailed you with my contribution, I hope it is in time!
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Got it! Thanks buddy!

-rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Helping out a legend (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL