The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Back to school bar line up. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
A friend of mine told me about a bar in town that has a huge line up all night the first day of classes. Has anyone ever thought of doing a gig like this?
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Might go well, might not!!
If its only busy because college has just gone back you may find it a tough audience. Young, Drunk, Broke...not the best audience ever! If they are lining up to go into the bar, then they won't want to spend their booze money on a street magician, and if they are coming out, they have probably already spent their booze money!

Would be a good crowd to test youself with, as they will really test your ability to control a crowd!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of 12345
I agree I've tried that once when I was performing Fearsons floating cig trick at my campus club, it went well, I only made like $10 bucks in tips, everyone else wanted to get wasted.... Special now it's Frost Week here.... don't even try to ask students for tips, they just want to get drunk
Twisted_Reality
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Twisted_Reality
Not all students want to get drunk, however, keeping this in mind bar gigs are only profitable when the bar had hired you. This being said, the best way to get hired by a bar is to be seen performing outside and making people laugh.

Magic is not about the money its about the love of magic, and the money. But the bar gig could be a good way to get further gigs.
Of course I can float, - can i borrow a jet pack from the audience please?
John Cass
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of John Cass
Maybe. But these students are there to get each other drunk and to fool around. And what kind of gigs are you going to get from them?

"Hey, man! Like that magic is way cool! Can you perform at my party? You can have all the beer you can drink!"
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Tell them you are doing it for beer money and I bet the tips go up. It's worth a shot.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Back to school bar line up. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL