The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » AmazeRING (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
OH BOY, IN TWO DAYS OR LESS, will be getting the new AmazeRING from Joe Porper to write up the instriction book. Imagine a "ghost ring" in a wedding band. Can use for ring off string, stick or linking finger rings visibly.... Whoo Haaaa...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Sounds good Peter, where is going to be available?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hope to have at IMX in Vegas Monday.

Posted: May 19, 2011 11:37pm
I just finished writing up the instructions for Porper and hopefully he will OK it tomorrow and we'll have 'em at IMX. I've been having great fun working with this prop. It blows me away, even though I know how it works. I worked out a nice handling that cleans you up at the end. Now to work out the routining for a variation on linking three "borrowed" rings together.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Pete, what's the price on this going to be?
It's all in the reflexes.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Louis Lu
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Louis Lu
I'm been interested in Joe Porper's Ghostly Linking Finger Rings for a while now, so AmazeRING caught my attention. How do these two compare to each other? Are they intended to be different effects? Or is AmazeRING an improved version of Ghostly Linking Finger Rings?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Two different systems.
Louis Lu
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Louis Lu
So Ghostly Linking Finger Rings and AmazeRING are intended as separate handlings/versions of the Himber Ring routine?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You can use AmaZeRING for a linking finger ring routine, but its visual link is different and is more versatile in non-linking finger ring routines. Look at the video clip.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
$350.00 Ouch!!! AmazeRing is what the working Magicians have been waiting for since the 1960'a.

Is it brass and at least gold plated?

This is what the Himber Ring should have been in the 1st place. Love that it can be done close-up with the duplicate switch ring and on stage without.

To bad the price will keep it out the reach of most magicians. It is worth it only if you are a professional magician making 6 figures a year from your magic. Otherwise, the rest of us will have to settle on using the old split ring instead.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hegblini.. right on all counts.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
In the words of Will Smith in the movie, "Indepedence Day", as he got a good look at the alien spacecraft...."I gotta get me wunna them!"
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
Sorry if this sounds rude, but under what conditions would someone choose the ghostly ring over this particular ring? Are there pros and cons for each? I've been discussing various options with Mr Biro. I am very interested in Buying a linking finger ring but as with everything I want it to be as perfect as possible for my requirements. This seems to have the same mechanism as an idea I'd been thinking about myself.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Hey Pete,

Can Porper's rings be sized to the finger? Unless I can get them sized, most of the "one size fits all" rings are too small for me. Also, does it come with a duplicate? Just curious, many thanks.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 02:56, wmhegbli wrote:
$350.00 Ouch!!! AmazeRing is what the working Magicians have been waiting for since the 1960'a.

Is it brass and at least gold plated?

This is what the Himber Ring should have been in the 1st place. Love that it can be done close-up with the duplicate switch ring and on stage without.

To bad the price will keep it out the reach of most magicians. It is worth it only if you are a professional magician making 6 figures a year from your magic. Otherwise, the rest of us will have to settle on using the old split ring instead.

I like the fact that some items are priced high enough to keep it out of the reach of most magicians. I see that as a good thing in many (if not most) cases.
I don't think that one would need to make 6 figures a year from magic to justify the purchase of this prop. That seems like a pretty high estimate.
If it becomes a signature piece or something that you perform constantly and always wows the specs, then how much is that worth to even an amateur performer?
You could spend that much in a year on tricks you rarely use. I like to buy wisely and infrequently and get a good return for my investment and this ring could make it onto my short list this year.
PS-I don't make 6 figures a year from magic but maybe this ring will help push me over that. Smile Or at least provide me some great moments and memories.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Watch Lu Chen do the Ghostly Linking Finger ring. It is a linking finger ring like no other. The AmaZeRING is different. They are all the same size, pretty big, and come with a duplicate 'fair' ring. See the video of Dean Dill and Joe Porper handling it. Search it on you tube.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 01:16, Pete Biro wrote:
Watch Lu Chen do the Ghostly Linking Finger ring. It is a linking finger ring like no other. The AmaZeRING is different. They are all the same size, pretty big, and come with a duplicate 'fair' ring. See the video of Dean Dill and Joe Porper handling it. Search it on you tube.

All wonderful videos Pete! While we are talking about rings, and though it has nothing to do with linking finger rings, Joe Porper had a brilliant idea some time ago when he came out with a wedding ring version of the Ellis ring. That is also on my shopping list, along with the AmaZeRING and eventually the Ghostly Linking Finger Ring set.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I just recently came up with a handling to link finger rings with any of the Himber/Porper/Or? rings. Open it and scotch tape it open to the end of a pencil. Keep hidden in hand holding end of pencil. Borrow rings and slide onto other end of pencil, then as you walk about let rings slide to end and ONTO gaffed ring. Pull all off and lock.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
$350 is nothing for a quality worker's prop that you can rely on.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Amazingly no review on this as yet. Surely someone has bought it to be able to comment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » AmazeRING (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL