The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » By By Macho Man (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Randy Savage died today from injuries sustained in a car accident after having a heart attach at the wheel at the young age of 58 years old, and this old wrestling fan will sure miss him.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Same here. I remember watching him as a kid with my dad. He had a great act and he was a good wrestler.

I wonder how long it will take before the media will start throwing the whole steroid angle into the mix that caused his heart attack.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
He was great. From with his bouts starting with George Steele on up. Can't believe Miss Elizabeth is dead 8 years already.

While looking for the obit, I ran across a wrestling site with all the wrestlers who have passed on. Steroids without a doubt is a major cause of death for wrestlers from 1980's and up.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Randy Poffo may or may not have used Steroids. I remember when I hadn't seen him for a few months and he showed up on the now long gone W.C.W. he looked much bigger than he had before steroids were the first thing that came into my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he had used them at some point in his wrestling life. Did the play a part in his hear attack? Maybe maybe not hard to say really.
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 15:43, Kevin Connolly wrote:
He was great. From with his bouts starting with George Steele on up. Can't believe Miss Elizabeth is dead 8 years already.

While looking for the obit, I ran across a wrestling site with all the wrestlers who have passed on. Steroids without a doubt is a major cause of death for wrestlers from 1980's and up.

Without a doubt is a major statement to make. Though steroids was used there are conflicting reports on both sides wondering if steroids is the cause of heart attacks and really its a roll of the dice. I wonder if that site took in account outside factors like cocaine, diet etc. Pm me the site I would love to read it.

Either way this will be a subject of debate for a new thread. Point blank the man will be missed.

Kind regards

Mike
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I would blame it on the Slim Jims.

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Just heard about this. Really bummed out.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 16:17, Salguod Nairb wrote:
I would blame it on the Slim Jims.

Jesus that pick brought me back. I was never a fan of Slim Jims
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
RIP Macho Man. Smile

Thanks for the memories.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Incidently I am not one to harp on spellingggg BUT if you want to start so many threads with the same sort of title, the word is BYE when someone leaves, such as "Bye Bye Baby" and such. Just sayin Al.

It gets confusing because it is also a term for a team not playing a particular playoff round, but I am pretty sure you mean to express farewell.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Eye tri knot two bee sew a where win Owl rights....
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
I was shocked to hear about his passing. I saw him wrestle live a few times back when I used to go to wrestling events and saw him on television many times. I feel he was a better "heel" in W.W.E.

R.I.P. Mr. Savage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » By By Macho Man (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL