The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Mighells Illusions RoseOnyx PastorClyde (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Greetings!

Its come to my attention that some folks feel Mighells Illusions, RoseOnyx and pastorclyde are things of the past. Not true! I'm glad to report that Mighells Illusions is running as strong as ever and is planning an EXPANSION! RoseOnyx is half gone in that my wife chose to retire from performing so we are no longer booking under that name but I am doing several solo shows a week and have been too busy to make my solitaire website for my act.

I still do shows at varying venues but for most of my shows, I stay still and the audience moves! That's right! I have a permanent gig within a facility that teaches those addicted to drugs and/or alcohol how to live clean and sober. They hired me to use escapes and some illusions to bring the messages to life. Its similar to our "Escaping Drugs" show but more in depth. Its a great challenge and its well received with steady income.... and benefits! Smile

I'm sorry to be so quiet on here. Mighells Illusions, as I said, will be expanding! It has already grown to include the manufacture and sale of pyrotechnics, firearms, holsters, exploding targets and black powder (for muzzle loaders). Our target date is July when we will be releasing a new website so stay tuned. Meanwhile, we are pruning some items that haven't moved well and are getting ready to add more.

Again, sorry to be MIA here. Hope this ends the rumor that I, we, it... are "hung up"! (Unless you're talking sj's, then yes, 'hung up' is appropriate!) ;-)

Onward and upward!

Clyde Mighells
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Glad all is good my friend Smile

And stuff that goes bang is always fun Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
oliver_wolf
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of oliver_wolf
This sounds very interesting. My father is a locksmith and I used to work in his company, so I am familiar with regular lock picking but what you do is definitely "different". I think I will order some of your beginners material and give it a try! Maybe I find my secret talent ;-)
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Since you are selling firearms will you be selling firelegs as well ?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Fancy fire balls myself !!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Get yourself down Soho Ken. They give those away free of charge with certain shows in the area.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
David95
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of David95
Has Pastor Clyde have his web site up now? All I can find is his e-bay store.
David
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Not sure David. Last I looked I couldn't even find his eBay store Smile
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
Surely someone would pick up the business that Cannons left off. There is a demand out there for escape equipment.
David95
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of David95
I tried e-mailing at the Rose Onyx site but no reply. I was wanting to see about his linking ring routine. I remember him having one with a gospel application back a few years ago when I got my strait jacket . Thanks guys for trying to help.
David
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Did you try messaging him on eBay?

The mighells illusions web address takes you to eBay and looking at his feedback there is still some activity on there.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
I was able to access only three straightjackets. Smile
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
You can access them but can you get out?
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Mighells Illusions, RoseOnyx and PastorClyde update:

Greetings! Glad to see so many familiar names are still here! I'm also glad to announce I'm still alive and well and living a life of escaping.

RoseOnyx- Sharon and I are now sponsored by Turning Point Treatment Center so we no longer have to negotiate fees for shows. (IKR!) Its very freeing and something I have always dreampt of. Its still a "pinch me" feeling to have a steady income with benefits for doing something I love doing! (I always hated negotiating fees, etc.)

Pastor Clyde- I still serve the Lighthouse Reformed Church on Sundays where I perform an escape or illusion every Sunday. (They are the most wonderful folk in all the world!) I am also performing for state funded traingings for healthcare professionals using escapes and illusions as metaphor. I also perform at our sponsor's three facilities, again using escapes and illusions to teach addiction and recovery concepts.

Mighells Illusions- With steadily performing in so many different venues, our time for Mighells Illusions is nominal at best. Our product line has been retracted from public sales and offered through special order. We do have some straitjackets on ebay but for the most part, we handle custom orders only. We continue to develope new escapes which we use in our own shows while consulting for others.

In short, my love for performing escapes has evolved into a more-than-full-time adventure. By using escapes and illusions as metaphor, I have found a fulltime opportunity to entertain and educate simultaneously. Its kindof like performing magic for a corporate client except I'm serving an educational service rather than solely an advertising effort.

I once asked a man how I could be considered for higher level opporutnities. He replied, "Just keep shoveling well and eventually, someone will see you shoveling well and ask you to shovel for them." I do hope this encourages those who love performing and want performace to be at the heart of what they do. Initially, give your services away. This will give you experience and start to grow your name. Keep improving your ability to connect with and communicate with your audience effectively. Then look outside the traditional 'box' for opporunties to perform. Consider 'exposure' over 'money' and the money will come. Finally, take your art into the world and look for the many ways you can apply your art to the mundane and you will eventually be in demand.

So what's next? I'm always brainstorming new escapes and new avenues for performing. As time allows, I want to develop resources to help healthcare professionals in their teaching / lecturing efforts to help them bring creativity and excitement into their communications.

Best wishes to all! Everyone on here warms my heart when I read your posts.

"Escape the mundane- make life spectacular!"

Pastor Clyde
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
BTW, if you are trying to contact me, please use clyde@mighellsillusions.com to do so. Please allow time for a reply. We get around 200 emails daily at that email address.

Clyde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Mighells Illusions RoseOnyx PastorClyde (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL