The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sphere of Light by Luna Shimada (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22244 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
In my search for the Shimada's I found this offering for sale:

http://lunashimada.com/Site/Products.html

Anyone heard of it or seen it performed. Is it a Zombie or a Floating Ball? I this another extension of the Losander Floating Ball or something new.

Cam anyone give any details if it has been featured or advertised anywhere?
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5307 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Bill, she performs it on her website. It is her version of the Zombie. It is advertised and offered for sale right at the link you provided.

It is expensive ($500.00), The globe/sphere is high tec, and comes in custom colors for an extra cost ($75.00) and additional wait for it to be made.

I saw her perform it in Las Vegas three years ago. Her routine is pretty much as shown in the video clip as I remember it.

http://lunashimada.com/Site/sphere.html
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I've seen it live as well. It is really beautiful. COming from her I expect no less than top quality.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Didn't she used to work with McBride? I certainly see his influence in her material and presentation.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
The rigging of the floating gimmick looks like the kind Tommy Wonder used. The ball floats almost in front of the foulard like Tommy did. She is truly an artist.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Luna's one of my all-time favorites. If I performed the Zombie Ball I would surely get this one.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22244 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I did a search on the Café and could not find any comments or postings for this effect. I found that strange in a way, knowing how so many members talked about the Tommy Wonder and Losander Floating Balls. This seems to be a very good version of Zombie, I just found it strange no one thought it important enough to create a posting.

Yes, I was wondering if it was combination or extension of the Wonder/Losander Floating Ball idea, that many considered a floating basketball.

Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
It as just been released. Doesn't surprise me that it didn't get oh-so-hyped, since the price makes this an effect for a very select group.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22244 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 09:07, Fábio DeRose wrote:
It as just been released. Doesn't surprise me that it didn't get oh-so-hyped, since the price makes this an effect for a very select group.

It has, I did not know that, I was looking for Shimada and ran across this interesting floating ball idea.

Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5307 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I honestly didn't know it was being sold until you posted the link. I saw her perform it and thought that it was a nice and very unusual version but believed that it was proprietary and would not be a marketed item. While I totally enjoyed her presentation I know that it is something that I’d never perform.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22244 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This would be cool with a StarTrek theme. I of course would not relate it to the birth of a child as she has.

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 14:49, JamesinLA wrote:
Didn't she used to work with McBride? I certainly see his influence in her material and presentation.

Jim

She dated McBride for a while.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
976 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Luna and Dirk put on a wonderful show at Magi-Whirl this year. This was the first time I've seen Luna perform live and her Sphere of light and her umbrella acts were beautiful to watch.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 2:24pm
I should add that she had a fasinating lecture on archetypes and magic to boot.
Bob
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Luna presents the sphere as something that she is birthing from her essence, is how I saw her perform it a few years back. It worked marvelously! Yes! She and McBride were quite the couple some time back.

Losander is a happy man. Dirk, Jeff Ezell, and I performed some impromptu magic at a new nightspot in El Paso and had the ladies swooning over him (Losander). He shooed them away as he discussed his loyalty to Luna and newborn child on the way. I've also had some wear and tear due to extended use of the table that Dirk sold me in El Paso. He and Luna both stand behind the products that they personally sell. He was willing to repair it at no charge, if I shipped it to Nevada.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sphere of Light by Luna Shimada (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL