The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Please provide any feedback to my website. I created it with the Adobe Dreamweaver. I am a student who is performiong shows primarily as a summer job as well as weekends throughout the year. For this reason, my budget to promote as well as web design and photography budget have been low because I am not planning a tremendous number of shows to offset the costs. Potential clients often request that I provide a show description, so I am not sure if I need to do a better job of conveying this on my website. Website address is: http://www.charlieandcheckers.com
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
491 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Hi Danny,

really great website! Very good job. I am 100% sure it will do the job to get you bookings. No really need to change anything.

Home: The Video area and the photo area could be bigger (like in the Videos-column) and then it would look better. Maybe delete here the Twitter-thing and the categories at the bottom to have more space.

Contact Us: Maybe include your first name and family name here, people who call often like to know the real name of the person they will talk to.

About Us: Your write “We look forward to a bright future in magic and hope you become a part of our past.” Maybe it is just my feeling but I don´t want to be a part of the past but a part of the future, I would change that sentence.

References: Maybe ask some people who saw your show to write you some sentences how much they liked your show. If you have three references or so this could be a good additional part of your homepage.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Thank you for taking the time to view the website and provide valuable information Daniel. I hope others on the Café are as generous with their time and opinions and add to this forum. Thanks again, Danny
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Home page: "Prepare to be amazed as we proundly perform our unique show that is thoroughly enjoyed by the young and young at heart." "Proundly" is not a word.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Well gee! Your promo video is better than 50% of the adult "pros" I've seen!

Of course it will change, grow, and refine as you get older and more knowledgeable.
But Bravo for where you're at considering how long you've been at this.

The site, is also fine for guys with your age and experience.
The colors and type are in line with your magic and performance style.

Again, as you mature and grow in the art and craft of magic it will get better and better.
But for now, until you can hire really top rate photographers and web-designers, you're doing well.

Take advice, do what you're able, polish and correct what you can-- and keep on going!
Magically,
Walt
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Thank you for your responses. I have made several directions and changes based upon the input I received. I am honored that you took the time to view my site with the attention to details that you each took. I hope to return the favor some day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL