The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ACAAN V. 2 Holier Than Thou from Jeremy Weiss » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 02:26, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
SMP,

That's the perfect way to describe it, "A Berglas recollection." I think you just added "ABR" to the magic lexicon!

"I can't explain it, it was a while ago...and I've got ABR. It was awesome though!"

~jamie

Are you sure it wasn't more of a hangover thing from Vegas...just wondering.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I'm not a hater either.I think it is a good idea to have effects priced high and
keep them exclusive.But I would have thought that working pros could be offered
these effects in private.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Vinny just shared his unholy grail with me, it's one of the most elegant CAANs I have ever seen - if he's still offering it then I suggest you contact him.

To my mind these very expensive effects are only if you really want or need to fool a magician, laypeople are fooled by much, much simpler handlings e.g - second dealing until the right number.
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Spectator deals the cards face up with a regular deck that's already on the table before the card/number is revealed. That's the Berglas litmus test and all versions fail to come up to that standard. Anyone who says different is playing word games with their dealer ad. They often use words like "...here's what the spectator sees..."

A question for Ben Harris...you provide a glowing recommendation but are you one of the limited few who own this? One might argue that the latter would be a stronger commitment. I happen to love your work with Crossroads and not surprisingly own it. Ditto for Jamie's bottle.

SPM
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 23:56, jeremysweiss wrote:
So, here is the deal....a while ago a certain famous someone performer asked me to "consult" on a project of theirs. He wanted a secret that I have...

Did he ask for a demo video? Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Hmm $2,400 for a card trick.

Actually what the price is is entirely down to the seller on this one imho.

I think there's a lot of crap sold to a lot of people at low prices that generate turnover and, even if a proportion of customers complain, you still make some money out of it.(at least once before your rep suffers)

In Jeremy's case though he is selling at quite a high level and that gives me a feeling of confidence because he knows that there isn't one purchaser at that price who is going to put up with shoddy goods. Theres none of the flim flam and getting your buddies to say people just don't get it, that you get with lower priced tat.

You'll know it if it isn't up to spec.

No way, as an amateur that I would ever lay out that much money on an effect but does it bother me that others might--no, if its good enough to go at that price then great.

In fact I think the fact that magic that is still unique being hard to purchase is a good thing.
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-23 13:28, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
So, here is the deal....a while ago a certain famous someone performer asked me to "consult" on a project of theirs. He wanted a secret that I have...

Did he ask for a demo video? Smile

One would presume he had an in-person demo.
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Being one of the Holier than thou inner circle.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 16:21, vinsmagic wrote:
Un holy grail is free to any one that's wants it just pm me
with e mail address
vinny
Had a chance to view Vinny's CAAN. I'm always amazed how he comes up with such unique methods to accomplish an effect. No, it's not the Holy Grail and is probably more suited for a cardician than a mentalist-but it is very good. The illusion under the right circumstances is perfect and the method could probably be used for many other effects. Plus, of course, the price is right. Vinny, great job as usual!

Steve
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
So, here is the deal....a while ago a certain famous someone performer asked me to "consult" on a project of theirs. He wanted a secret that I have that isn't for sale. (It is something of my own devising so, no one else has it and I have never given it away; so it is exclusive to me.) So, I started trying to figure out what that secret is worth--not in a philosophical sense, but in a real-world sense. What is it worth--for a performer --a REAL performer with a Vegas or Broadway stage show (or a movie), as opposed to 47,400 of the 47,561 users that we have here, to put my effect in his show? An effect that nobody else could have, because I wouldn't give it to anyone else. EVER!

So I go to my friend, who actually does this kind of consulting for a living (a guy like Steinmeyer, for example)--they bring him into movies and stuff....and I ask my friend, "What is an idea like this actually worth in the ENTERTAINMENT business?. He says, "Oh, that idea?! Well, an idea like that would be worth about [X] number of grand depending on if the idea was used for a one time TV special never to be aired again, or a show like on the Discovery channel that would air over and over, or if it was for a theatrical show).

So now I think I have a much more reasonably educated idea of how valuable a secret is actually worth in terms of its rarity, its quality and how it will be used.

Let me say, that $2,400 for my original ACAAN or for ACAAN 2: Holier Than Thou, is worth it. it is priced exactly right.

People like Entermagic are just ticked off that they can't (and won't) have it. (For the rest of you, I am sorry it is so expensive.)

Anyways, forget asking Danny Archer...if I am there, I will perform it in the hallway at least once....maybe twice....

Jeremy,

No need to apologize for the price---this is America. If people are not interested, that is their choice. Quite frankly I think the price makes absolute sense especially since the first one sold out.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
$2400 is a drop in the ocean for tv, why wouldnt it be worth it? Not everything is, nor should be sold cheapily. And I don't get why some of you are ravenously chasing down jeremy just cos he's got something you're not going to get yer mitts on?

why is it so important to you?! be happy with what you've got...

I only saw it performed the once...and it was one of those white-heat full on flush like moments...
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-23 18:40, IAIN wrote:
$2400 is a drop in the ocean for tv, why wouldnt it be worth it? Not everything is, nor should be sold cheapily. And I don't get why some of you are ravenously chasing down jeremy just cos he's got something you're not going to get yer mitts on?

why is it so important to you?! be happy with what you've got...

I only saw it performed the once...and it was one of those white-heat full on flush like moments...

So this is something that you immediately added to your repertoire? If I wanted it then I would buy it but based on what? The vague recollections of people who don't know quite remember the specifics. Not that ravenous about it.

SPM
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10631 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Lets see a DEMO ..... If it was that good I am sure we would of heard about it thru the grapevine..
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 20:09, vinsmagic wrote:
Lets see a DEMO ..... If it was that good I am sure we would of heard about it thru the grapevine..

Why should he show a demo? It is completely up to Jeremy. If he can sell the effect out without a demo, why post one. I know a lot of people who will never buy the effect want a demo but that is not their call.
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-23 20:54, brehaut wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 20:09, vinsmagic wrote:

Why should he show a demo? It is completely up to Jeremy. If he can sell the effect out without a demo, why post one. I know a lot of people who will never buy the effect want a demo but that is not their call.

Ok, how about a review from a real person that has purchased it.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I have seen comments on this site on various threads of people who have seen it and rave about it.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2185 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 00:59, entermagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 00:45, Ben Harris wrote:
Looking forward to version 2, Jeremy. I can't see how it could be better than the first, but am excited!

Benny

Saying that "you can't see how it could be better than the first..." I suppose you have seen the first one.
I bet you don't see it. The strange thing is that everyone refused to write a full description. I asked via PM
some people to describe this effect (These persons have criticized JW ACAAN as they have seen it) and unbelievable
they are not able to describe the effect Smile

MP

This is simply not true. I've seen it. And I've described it several times in several threads.
The fact that I don't include details from which you hope to re-construct the method is frustrating I understand.

Frankly what you chose to believe is your business, it doesn't change a thing.

Sincere best wishes on your journey,

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Edit -
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Lets see Prediction Extreme V2 !!

Luke
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
I continue to see his effect like a dirty advertisment.
I bet, as soon as possible, he will propose a new cheaper effect
and also if you try to buy it he won't sell you it.
I have an idea he says 2400$? Ok, here the solusion: 100 persons send the money to one person
and this person buys the effect for everyone. 2400/100 = 24$... Now the effect
has good price. Obvious, I am out, I don't want to know this effect.
For me it is just another joke.

MP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ACAAN V. 2 Holier Than Thou from Jeremy Weiss » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL