The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Zombie Routines-Need Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I am starting out with a zombie. I have Wright's Video. What are some of your routines? (If you don't mind sharing). I do mainly kids shows and am a Bumbling Wizard, Professor Trickus P. Bumbledumb.

Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Quote:
On 2002-04-25 17:11, WR wrote:
I am starting out with a zombie. I have Wright' Video. What are some of your routines (If you don't mind shareing). I do mainly kids shows and am a Bumbling Wizard Professor Trickus P. bumbledumb.
Most magically yours,
WR Smile

First thing you need to do is to train yourself to forget about the gimmick. You need to convince yourself that the ball is not only floating but it will go wherever you want it to go just by willing it to do so.

Things you can do with it includes making it appear to float around your body, sitting on your arm without the cloth, disappearing and popping up behind your other leg, floating up and down the silk, and if you can manage it, making the ball disappear at the end of the routine.

Hope that helps,
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Smile

Go the the MAGIC archives here:

http://questx.com/magic!/magic-23.html

Scroll down to look for the message embedded in this archive from Tommy Wonder regarding tips on performing the Z - ball. You'll be glad you did.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
One critical point:
Don't -- whatever else you do -- go on too long with Zombie.
About two minutes is the max.
After the ball appears above the cloth, the routine is, in effect, over. Anything else in a denouement. So end it there.
I've seen performers figure they could get five or ten minutes out of Zombie. Smile
I think I'd sooner have root-canal work done, than sit through that again! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Bad experience with Zombies Peter.... Smile Thanks! Are their any good books on the Zombie???
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Reminds me about the first time I was on television. I was a young kid making an appearance on a children's show and it was live television. Half way through the Zombie routine, while on camera, the ball fell off the gimmick and rolled off the stage. I triumphantly threw the cloth aside and took my applause. <shrug> What else could I have done, it was live television after all.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5630 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2002-04-25 19:25, Thoughtreader wrote:
First thing you need to do is to train yourself to forget about the gimmick. You need to convince yourself that the ball is not only floating but it will go wherever you want it to go just by willing it to do so.

WR, Just keep that in mind and all will work out automatically for you.

Paul, Very Good advice.

SmileUstaad
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2002-04-26 15:18, WR wrote:
Are there any good books on the Zombie???

Further Tips on Zombie by Joe Karson and Neil Foster published by Abbott's Magic Co.

Supreme Magic Teach-In on Zombie Floating Ball
by Lewis Ganson and Will Ayling, published by Supreme Magic Co. (out of print.......check with H&R Magic Books)

Smile
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Although the book "THE INVISIBLE THREAD BOOK, by Braco", doesn't use the 'Zombie' principle, it is a WONDERFUL resource for 'One Man Floating Ball' routines. This book, is more on 'Stage' ball floating effects - vs - close-up floating effects.

The book "FURTHER TIPS ON ZOMBIE' by Joe Karson and others, is a great resource as well.

To go completely along with Peter Marucci: Your 'Zombie' routine should be no more than 2 to 4 minutes, AT THE MAX!! Keep the audience wanting more, and you'll do well.

When I perform 'Zombie' on a FULL-STAGE, I only begin with about one minute of the true 'Zombie' effect, then I go into a full-stage float. My 'Zombie Only' routine is 2 and 3/4 minutes long. You will be able to do many of the great 'Zombie' moves, within this time frame, if not a lesser time frame.

Happy 'Floating',
- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
karmic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of karmic
the Jeff Mcbride stage magic video volume 2 (I think) has a great Zombie routine on it
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
150 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
I have heard from several sources that Christopher Hart (Thing) has a great routine. I have also heard the someone was selling VHS tapes of his Zombie routine lecture at a Desert Seminar two or three years ago. No one at Stevens knows anything about the tape. If you know who might have such a thing, let me know... I have not been able to contact Hart directly.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Actually it's the McBride On Stage vol 3 "Classics of Magic" that has the Zombie routining with and without the gimmick as well as some pretty good Dancing Cane and Fountain of Silks advice.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
"The How To Book on Zombie", published by Morrissey Magic, is rather nice.
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
The Magic on Stage volume 3 routine is kinda cute,
It works for me!
I like his linking rings on volume 1!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Zombie Routines-Need Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL