The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where is Roy Kueppers? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I made my order with him on April 8 of this year. Each time I call him asking him when it will be ready, he tells me it will be ready the present week. I still received nothing.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 22:06, Dynamike wrote:
I made my order with him on April 8 of this year. Each time I call him asking him when it will be ready, he tells me it will be ready the present week. I still received nothing.

Keep in mind that he is very busy and may be confusing one order from another, but he always gets the job done. I am still waiting on an order from March 18 that shipped out 7 days after I ordered it and it has yet to arrive. The issue is not Roy because he has even offered to re-make the order and ship it again. I refused that because it is not his fault. I myself have had some very big issues with the current Canadian Post strike, as a business owner, which have cost me a lot of money in using alternatives.

Also, keep in mind that he is currently adding new machinery to his shop to help with his workload, and that in itself is very time-consuming.

When you call, just make sure he understands unmistakably which order yours was and what was in it. In dealing with Roy, have patience and even the long waits will eventually be very well rewarded.
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
I have made two orders in the past from Roy. The first one got shipped almost the 2-3 days. The second one took a little bit more. So it depends on the amount of work he has to do. But I can assure you that it worth waiting for the coins..
Searching for the magic side of life...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 23:43, Dr_J_Ayala wrote:
When you call, just make sure he understands unmistakably which order yours was and what was in it. In dealing with Roy, have patience and even the long waits will eventually be very well rewarded.

I did tell him my name. He clearly told me it would be ready the present week each time I called. I am assuming he already knew what the order was. It looks like he is just using those words but not really being honest to his customers. Businesses should be honest to keep good publicity.

I never heard anything negative about Schoolcraft and Lassen when it comes to timing. And I read they make the best quality coins. The last time I called Roy I told him I wanted a refund if the order is not completed the present week as he mentioned to me the previous times. He still has not refunded my order. I want the refund because I want to purchase from Schoolcraft or Lassen instead. And that way I will not have to worry about any strike dealing with postal delivery.

Dave, have you received your order yet?
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
American shippers can't even send stuff out to Canadians with USPS right now. USPS won't accept the items because Canada Post isn't accepting anything from them. I think the Corporation pulled quite a stunt locking out the workers. I suppose it's their prerogative but they're alienating the customers who've supported them in a big way right now. The workers were smart enough not to go to a nationwide full stop, at least. I appreciate that much.
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
I placed an oder this year from Roy and the following happened;

A: I received an email with the cost
B: I received an email accepting the order
C: I had an estimated time- not exact but a reasonable guess
D: I received an emial when I thought it would be don and was told it was complete, verified a detail
E: Email notification of shipment
F: arrival

Everything was as described, exactly what I ordered and the craftmanship was equal to anything else I have from the the two other major gaff makers.

NO problems , worries or anything else- I will order from again when I need coin material he manufactoers.

Class Act - nice guy would love to meet in person and really like to see his shop

Thanks Roy!
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-06-22 09:44, magicalaurie wrote:
American shippers can't even send stuff out to Canadians with USPS right now. USPS won't accept the items because Canada Post isn't accepting anything from them. I think the Corporation pulled quite a stunt locking out the workers. I suppose it's their prerogative but they're alienating the customers who've supported them in a big way right now. The workers were smart enough not to go to a nationwide full stop, at least. I appreciate that much.

Please feel free to post updates, Laurie. I have been waiting on a package of $250 worth of books for a month now.Smile

Alan
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/poli......2073925/

“But the speeches are animated and lucid and passionate,”

I just heard a bit of one, sounds like the guy's asleep. Smile

Posted: Jun 24, 2011 2:21pm
Actually, it might be the translators who are unconscious.

Laurie

Posted: Jun 25, 2011 11:47pm
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/20......ost.html

After having a listen for several hours yesterday, I appreciate what the NDP was trying to do here. There are definite problems with this bill, and the tone it's been delivered with by the majority Conservative party. The NDP made the point quite repeatedly- understatement- and so it's documented, at least.

Laurie

Posted: Jun 26, 2011 7:12pm
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/poli......2075879/
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Thanks, Laurie

Looks like we should be able to buy from Canada any day now.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
You're welcome, Alan. Yes, the Canadian postal workers will be back on the job today, sorting the mail, and the mail will be moving again tomorrow.

Laurie
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I want to thank those who sent me a private message/e-mail concerning your complaints. If anyone had a complaint with Roy Kueppers, please send me a private message/e-mail so we can work on a solution.
rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
My Wand arrived today - WOW - I will say it was WELL worth the wait. In all fairness to Laurie - (which I have ordered from as well) - the US press has/had nothing about the strike. Thanks for keeping us posted!
David
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-07-01 16:05, rdwinc wrote:
the US press has/had nothing about the strike.

Agree with you there. I guess if you want news you can use, you have to come to the Café!

Seriously, thanks again Laurie.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks for your comments, David, Alan. And you're very welcome. Smile Mail's on the move again here, but there might still be some backlog.

Laurie
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I still did not get mine.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
504 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 17:28, leaycraft wrote:
I placed an oder this year from Roy and the following happened;

A: I received an email with the cost
B: I received an email accepting the order
C: I had an estimated time- not exact but a reasonable guess
D: I received an emial when I thought it would be don and was told it was complete, verified a detail
E: Email notification of shipment
F: arrival

Everything was as described, exactly what I ordered and the craftmanship was equal to anything else I have from the the two other major gaff makers.

That was my experience the first time I ordered an unexpanded set from him. Because I was so satisfied with the first order, nine months later or so, I ordered another set from Roy, (same type of set - different coins). It was many months and a lot of extra effort and expense on my part before I received a sub-par product from a very rude and reluctant Mr. Kueppers. Hearing accounts from others, I've noticed when things are good with Roy, they're great. When something goes wrong, (usually due to something minor on his part that could've originally been resolved quickly and easily), he tends to either not follow-through on promises or flat-out refuses to take responsibility or action - ignoring all attempts at contact and rarely delivering a quality product after any issues have occurred. This has been my experience and the numbers of accounts of similar experiences I'm hearing from his other customers continues to grow. The bad experiences with Roy have now far outweighed the good one I had with him and I have learned an expensive lesson about trusting this man or expecting professionalism from him. Nevertheless, I've kept silent on this thread up to this point...watching and waiting and not wanting to stir any waters or make any statements if my experiences were just very, very bad but still unusual or unlikely. But as I watch some come to his defense as no one seems to notice or mention the fact that DynaMike's April order continues to go unfilled and his communications go either unanswered or answered with promises unfulfilled, I'm compelled to toss my two cents in as a public service to anyone considering doing business with Roy Kueppers.

I'm learning that it's a coin toss as to whether you get good products and/or service from Mr. Kueppers - more so than with any other well-known coin gaff craftsman in operation today. Apparently, bad experiences with Roy Kueppers are not the exception, but are an equal part of the rule. So...buyer beware: To be fair, Roy Kueppers is capable of excellent workmanship and fairly decent customer service, (I've seen and experienced it); but there is a gamble in dealing with him and it seems your odds are just as good at getting sub-par merchandise, extremely slow, (or non-existent), service and even the possibility of extremely unprofessional responses to expectations that you simply, eventually, receive nothing more than what you ordered and paid for.
Jacques
View Profile
Loyal user
North
211 Posts

Profile of Jacques
[quote]On 2011-08-18 00:37, Bendy wrote:
Quote:
DynaMike's April order continues to go unfilled and his communications go either unanswered ...

Same here.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Wow. I hope Roy (or someone who knows Roy) is reading this and these issues are taken care of.
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
I agree 100% and will never order anything from him after a similar experience.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-08-18 22:00, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Wow. I hope Roy (or someone who knows Roy) is reading this and these issues are taken care of.

I have strong confidence he knows about this thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where is Roy Kueppers? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL