The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lance Armstrong (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
Really?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, Andrew Zuber wrote:
He lied under oath when asked if he'd taken performance enhancing drugs. In January, he was given two traffic tickets after allegedly hitting two parked cars with his vehicle and then letting his girlfriend take the blame for it to avoid making news. A hero? Really?

what is he lied but not under oath?? same??
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Please don't derail. We all know where you're going with this.
guyjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Don't mind me and my
236 Posts

Profile of guyjr
Not my kind of hero.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, magicfish wrote:

you might, all might not.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
He lied under oath when asked if he'd taken performance enhancing drugs. In January, he was given two traffic tickets after allegedly hitting two parked cars with his vehicle and then letting his girlfriend take the blame for it to avoid making news. A hero? Really?

Definitely a flawed hero. But when he was destroying the competition and also doing what he was doing for cancer research and it's victims, a hero non-the-less.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:

Agreed, but can't we have a conversation without it turning into a religious debate?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Quote:

Definitely a flawed hero. But when he was destroying the competition and also doing what he was doing for cancer research and it's victims, a hero non-the-less.

He destroyed the competition because he out doped them and made them fearful for their safety. And as far as cancer goes, he lied to cancer victims from day one, and theres talk that he may never have had cancer.
Just an all around lowlife.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:

Agreed, but can't we have a conversation without it turning into a religious debate?

I don't know what Lance is, so what is your problem.

I asked because to me a lie is a lie, no one is biggger than the other. Lance played the counrty to a tee and those who love hero's went along for the ride.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I agree
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
He defrauded cancer victims, fans, corporations, his government, his country.
And he got away with it...but his greed got the better of him and he came back for more.
Typical.
A fraud artist first- a cyclist second.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
He rose to the top because he was a better doper than the others. He virtually reinvented it with crooked doctors, bribery, threats of violence, an entire army of criminals working for him to falsify prescription dates, perform mid race transfusions etc. He out cheated them. that's all he did. And lied to the world about it so he could enjoy a rock star lifestyle.

You have just described every cycling team leader since the mid-sixties. They were doping before Lance was born. That's the sport.

And there is no talk about Lance not having had cancer.

He is flawed, but still a remarkable man, and one many of us can still admire.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
If everyone was doing it then it was fair but if everyone but one wasn’t then it wasn’t fair to the one that wasn’t was it?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
He rose to the top because he was a better doper than the others. He virtually reinvented it with crooked doctors, bribery, threats of violence, an entire army of criminals working for him to falsify prescription dates, perform mid race transfusions etc. He out cheated them. that's all he did. And lied to the world about it so he could enjoy a rock star lifestyle.

You have just described every cycling team leader since the mid-sixties. They were doping before Lance was born. That's the sport.

And there is no talk about Lance not having had cancer.

He is flawed, but still a remarkable man, and one many of us can still admire.

No. No cyclist ever commited the crimes Armstrong has.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Oh, and yes- there is.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Magicfish, you obviously don't know cycling. Twenty cyclists I could name off the top of my head committed the deeds Armstrong did.

Crimes is not the right word - there has been no criminal prosecution that I am aware of.

As for the cancer claim, show us where ANYONE except yourself has suggested that Armstrong did not suffer cancer.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
Naming Twenty cyclists is no good, you have to name them all.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
That's gonna take a while....
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
That's my point. Magicfish thinks there is only one; there were hundreds. Thus, it was a level playing field.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
He destroyed the competition because he out doped them and made them fearful for their safety. ...

So, a big reason you're upset at him is because he was a better cheater than the other guys???
I got no idea where you're getting the 'fearful for their safety' part.

And, I really got no problem that you don't like him. But, you seem really, really passionate about it. Did he do something to you personally that we don't know about? (I don't mean that in a snarky way. I'm actually curious about the degree to which you seem to dislike the guy.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lance Armstrong (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL