The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lance Armstrong (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
That's my point. Magicfish thinks there is only one; there were hundreds. Thus, it was a level playing field.

Well, maybe not level, but slightly less tilted.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Magicfish, you obviously don't know cycling. Twenty cyclists I could name off the top of my head committed the deeds Armstrong did.

Crimes is not the right word - there has been no criminal prosecution that I am aware of.

As for the cancer claim, show us where ANYONE except yourself has suggested that Armstrong did not suffer cancer.

No. They didn't. No cyclist has ever done what Armstrong did with doping. Do some research. Watch some documentaries. You will be astounded.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Well, is sports ever REALLY a 'level' playing field?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
It was nowhere NEAR a level playing field. And that's WITH all the other cyclists on drugs!
Not even CLOSE to a level playing field.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Well, is sports ever REALLY a 'level' playing field?

If it were, there'd be a lot more ties.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
My son gave a good bicycle about a year ago and just because I never used this winter, he came over took it back and swapped it for something, when I wasn’t looking. I think he is on drugs or something.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, magicfish wrote:
It was nowhere NEAR a level playing field. And that's WITH all the other cyclists on drugs!

So you'd have been OK with Lance doping just as much as, or only slightly more than, the other competitors?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
No, I think he means that it was never even CLOSE to a level playing field because Lance just had so much more natural talent than the rest of the competition! Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
And the sociopath even lied during his carefully calculated "confession" on Oprah.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/lance-armstrong......18245484.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
No, I think he means that it was never even CLOSE to a level playing field because Lance just had so much more natural talent than the rest of the competition! Smile

Natural?.Armstrong? I'm not following.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

So you'd have been OK with Lance doping just as much as, or only slightly more than, the other competitors?

Cute spin mon ami I aint bitin'.
Contribute something.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Bill. My post was in response to someone saying it was a level playing field. No it wasnt. Period.
Now please tell me where I ever said that I was okay with anyone doping.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

Cute spin mon ami I aint bitin'.
Contribute something.

It isn't spin and there's nothing to bite.

I'm simply trying to ascertain your position: is all doping bad, or only Lance's doping? If it's all bad, do you revile all other cyclists as much as you do Lance?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Bill. My post was in response to someone saying it was a level playing field. No it wasnt. Period.
Now please tell me where I ever said that I was okay with anyone doping.

I didn't say that you said it. I was asking.

You know: trying to learn.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
This guy may end up going to prison. And if you think all he did was dope like the rest of them, you don't have a clue about the case nor the investigation nor the potential charges facing him. Get over the hurt, stop protecting him like so many fraud victims do, and READ what he did.
If you think he was just doing what all the others were doing, you are in the dark and I cant help you. Educate yourself. Watch the doc, read the accounts of the men whos lives were ruined bringing him down.
Until then, I'm out.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Magicfish, I have read what he did, I have watched the documentaries, I have read all the books, I have followed cycling for thirty years. It is a European sport and we were following it for decades before Lance came along. By the way, one of the earliest scandals in terms of doping in cycling came before the 1984 Olympic Games and involved the US team. But it was brushed under the carpet by the US cycling authorities.

Doping is rife, lying about it is rife, and associated criminal activity, intimidation of witnesses and journalists, is rife. Dozens of other major names played the game the same way as Armstrong. If you feel differently, point out one thing he did that the others didn't, instead of just blowing hot air.

You are also ignoring this: no one except YOU has alleged that Lance did not suffer cancer. If you have evidence that he fraudulently was treated for cancer, please produce it. If not, please withdraw the distasteful allegation.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Obstruction of Justice, and a system of mid race blood transfusions the extent of which cycling has never, repeat never seen.
If you don't know that after the research you say you've done, then it is you is blowing hot air. To use your unkind phrase.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Oh and one more thing.
I never, ever once said, nor implied, that I thought Lance Armstrong lied about cancer.
You either have comprehension issues, or you are dishonest.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
You think he's a hero, I think he is the lowest of the low. You wont convince me otherwise nor I you.
Goodday sir.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
Quote:

Natural?.Armstrong? I'm not following.

Well, if you think you can give just anyone a good cocktail and make them a Tour de France winner, you're not nearly as knowledgeable as you like to project.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lance Armstrong (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL