The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lance Armstrong (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, rockwall wrote:
"I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong, especially after what he achieved, winning seven Tour de France races while on drugs. When I was on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike.” Willie Nelson

disclaimer
OK, as SNOPES points out, this is all over facebook but they can't find proof that Willie actually said it. Still kinda funny.

Reminds me of Hector "Macho" Camacho...his first loss was to Greg Haugen, who tested positive for marijuana after the fight. Subsequently, Camacho tried to bill himself as "really undefeated," because his only loss was to someone who failed the post-fight drug test. I always thought, "Ya know, if you got your butt kicked by someone who was stoned at the time, you might want to downplay that..."

Yea that would seem to be the way to go.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6763 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Is that a surprise? Can any of the three great tours be raced (as opposed to just survived) without doping? I seriously doubt it.

Of course they can.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On May 27, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Is that a surprise? Can any of the three great tours be raced (as opposed to just survived) without doping? I seriously doubt it.

Of course they can.

I am watching the Giro for the past two weeks, and they can't do the speeds they are doing every day over such tough ground undoped. They just hide it better today. Race leader Alberto Contador (who is performing magnificently) has a very interesting history with pharmaceuticals.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
To say that they can't perform 'as well' undoped is quite different than saying they can't perform at all.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Let us see now. There is doping in bicycling, deflated balls in football, old news Pete Rose in baseball and allsorts of drug related issues, and I cannot figure out what the hell is going on in international soccer. What is the world of sports coming too? I am sure there is a lot more. Remember the women's curling team scandal? OMG the Olympics...never an issue there is there? Smile Not sure about horseshoes and marbles but rumor has it some are using magnetized horseshoes to throw more ringers. Smile Probably some guys are using out of round marbles to their advantage.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lance Armstrong (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL