The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Burning Envelopes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joe yang
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
296 Posts

Profile of joe yang
Anybody burning envelopes, paper or billets? Not flash paper,just plain paper. What are you using, how are you doing it? Looking for clean, quick, neat solutions here. Seems like it is getting harder and harder to work with any kind of open flame these days. Back in the day, burning a standard business envelope in a dove pan, after squirting it with lighter fluid was no big deal. At a gig in a private club yesterday the "candles" on the tables were LED lights. Nobody had a cigarette lighter. LOL, they almost stroked out when I whipped a lit match out of my lapel.
aka Mike Booth
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Use a paper shredder - it does the same job of destroying the envelope and every-one recognises it
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
joe yang
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
296 Posts

Profile of joe yang
I might do that. I thought of borrowing one at the last minute at my last gig, but it would have been too much trouble at the moment.

And sorry if this is a clone of my other post here. This one got lost in the ether, or so I thought and I re-posted the same question under another title.
aka Mike Booth
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Try using tissue paper.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Burning Envelopes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL