The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Getting Hot In Here with RadMak's New "Therm-o-Chromic" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You just can't keep a good man down, and that's exactly what I'm talking about when speaking of a top contender like Radek Makar. This guy has a real creative spirit to him that just won't be denied. You just gotta respect a guy that can take a good shot on the chin and keep moving forward while landing some good shots of his own. Smile Here he delivers yet another wicked NEW right hook to the body in another stellar offering from his unique bag of tricks called, Therm-o-Chromic.

It's a nice package of thermochromatic (is that a word?) Smile changes, penetrations and teleportations of coins, really neat stuff from an up & coming young worker. This guys got some good chops but he makes it easy to learn and to perform for anybody willing to check out his work. This package takes the classic Spellbound to another level, makes it even more magical.

Now y'know I happen to love coin changes, etc., so I was particularly impressed with Radmak's offering here. It comes with 2 full routines and his take on Tenkai Pennies, a real favorite of mine. Smile Plus he hits you with some interesting sleights to make the magic happen, and all of this - routines and videos, for just $10 bucks...Yes you heard it right, just $10 bucks! You know I'm a big fan of affordability when it's attached to good magic...Well this is what it looks like in Therm-o-Chromic... I really gotta get this guy to produce my work as his productions of manuscripts and videos are topflite stuff. Smile

Can't pick a favorite in the package as I like it all, Hypercoin Change and Therm-o-Chromic Pocket Routine, plus interesting sleights like The Bevel Slide and the Flint Click Pass really whet the old magical palate, really nice moves that are well executed, and clearly explained and demonstrated. This is very good magic from a good worker that's clearly giving some really good thought to this stuff. Smile I truly appreciate his continuing effort and sure you will too as Therm-o-Chromic is another winner!

I encourage you to check out Radek's work, you'll be very glad you did. Smile

http://www.lybrary.com/thermochromic-p-107315.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Can these routines be performed without gaffs?
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Conus, yes both routines and all three described additional techniques are totally gaffless.
I don't like to use gaff coins so I try to avoid using them whenever possible Smile

Thank you Marion for kind words!

Best,
R.
UK Close-up and cabaret magician based in Scotland - www.radekmakar.co.uk
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I must agree with the review above. This is top shelf stuff and with continued practice, within the reach of most coin men here in magicalnd. This is well written and very well produced and everything is taught in intricate detail. This is a well spent $10 as you not only learn these new handling to existing plots but some slick moves as well with the Radmark twist so to speak. Novel, unique and refreshing to see this latest release. No gaffs necessary which I also like. For me, to see these routines offered up here was like watching Ponta the 1st time. New sleights and handling to plots like Spellbound etc but with an independent style. Recommended
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Thanks Rizzo Smile

If anyone has any questions, please send me a PM!
All will be addressed via PM and the most repetitive problems will be addressed at the e-book's page at Lybrary.com. To access it simply log-on to Lybrary, go to your digital shelf and then access the purchased ebook! Smile
Always happy to help guys!

Best,
R.
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
I love this effect. Radmak teaches some deceptively simple moves, and it's very visual. I love the handling, and it's well worth the practice. I pick up on of Radmak's effects and even practice becomes addictive. I want to do it over and over, and as MB said, it's very affordable. I look forward to more of his offerings in the future. This young man really has some creative approaches to coin magic.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Although I'm no coin guy, this is really, really good! Radek has a really creative mind and I know he will continue to surprise everyone with more clever stuff. Awesome work.

Cheers,
Mike
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey guys!

I've been following Radek's stuff since he ever first released 'Eni-Where' and since then everything he put out was top notch. I also had the pleasure of dealing with Radek personally and must say that he's a great guy and will do everything to satisfy his clients.

Anyways, Therm-O-Chromic is an excellent product again. Some of the sleights need a bit or practice but that makes it even more rewarding once you get there. I mastered them without breaking my fingers and I'm not an experienced coin-handler so I suppose with the right amount of practice everyone will be able to make this routine their own. The changes look very good and are clearly explained in the PDF. To me, this is another winner (:

Best,

Timon.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of amakar
I also picked this little gem up and have been corresponding with Radek about his approach to coin magic.
Watching the presentation video is impressive let alone learning some of the sleights used to accomplish the changes.

I posted a full review with my Coin Magic Trick Heads and Tails Rating at:
http://www.coinmagictricksblog.com/produ......chromic/

I've been playing a lot with the Bevel Slide with the Hypercoin change. Pick this one up!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
This routine is quite the little gem! After going through the PDF and then watching the videos, I could only come to one conclusion: This was a very well thought out effect, very well routined and very clean! The explanations are clear, and I cannot really pick a favorite part of the entire routine - I like them all!

The Flint Click Pass is a cleaned-up version of the click pass - so many of them are very obvious as to what you are doing. Not so with this one.

The Ladder Tenkai is a very open version of Tenkai Pennies, and very deceptive! I may even switch to this method after I play around with it...

The Bevel Slide: I have done plenty of other fingertip coin changes in my day, but this is one of the easiest and cleanest versions I have seen. It also has the bonus of being able to be used as a sort of utility move with other routines.

The Hypercoin Change is a very unique way of doing Spellbound that anyone can appreciate and is a joy to perform, and it even includes audience participation!

Therm-O-Chromic is a series of changes from copper (or Chinese, in this case) to silver and back with perfect motivation and an almost scientific explanation.

The name of the whole thing was apparent to me when I first saw it, which as explained by Radek is in direct relation to Thermochromism. That is to say, the ability of an object to change color in direct relation to a change in temperature. Therein lies the perfect motivation for this routine.

If there was one drawback to this routine, it would be the missing pointers for certain things like the way you hold a coin for this move, or the way your hands should look for that, etc. BUT, these things usually come from others pointing them out, and as such, Radek has mentioned that any of those that come up will be added to lybrary.com and will be able to be viewed on your Virtual Shelf. What dedication!

Therm-O-Chromic is not necessarily for the beginner, but with practice the intermediate to advanced coin worker will be able to this routine easily. The moves are not hard, but it is ideal that one has at least a working knowledge of coin magic for this.

The whole package is full fresh and very useful material, some awesome moves and just plain great magic, and I highly recommend it!

Dr. J. M. Ayala
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I just purchased Thermochromic by Radek Makar, and I'm pleased with it. For the coinworker, there are a lot of great ideas in this package.

Let me start by offering suggestions for improvement.

1. There should be a video showing the performance of the trick, so the magician learning the trick has an idea of what the routine is supposed to look like, and the progression of the routine. Radek has some great chops, and the trailer (in usual disjointed music video style) has great visual bits, --I'd just like to see the entire routine in sequence. For the coinworker, it's inspiring to see someone as talented as Radek in action.

2. The package could use an outline, and the write-ups could benefit from a clear delineation of phases, such as "Phase 1: Mystery coin penetrates the pocket and is produced." There is a lot happening in this routine, and an outline of the effects in sequence would help the learner get a mental overview of the routine and what to do next.

3. At first I thought the routine used 3 visible coins. Gradually I figured out that there are three coins in play, but only two are visible at any time. These sorts of statements like situation checks, audience perception (ex. the audience is unaware of the coin in the left hand), and effect statements (ex. the coin reappears from the pocket) would help to learn the effect.

I'm learning the trick, it just seems that I have to work at it harder.

With that out of the way, Radek has a great solution to what I see as the central problem of spellbound. If there is supposedly only one coin in your hands, and that coin keeps changing from one coin into another, then the audience must suspect two coins, and it becomes a matter of them trying to see how you're switching the coins. I think the second visible coin helps to throw the audience off, as well as other effects such as appearances and penetrations.

I like the fact that the routine is practical and nearly impromptu. There are no expensive gimmicks needed. I like how he rings coins in and out of play.

Radek makes great use of a number of subtleties, which is one more reason why I'd like to see him perform the whole routine.

His Bevel Slide move is the solution I've been looking for in a different routine I had in mind, and I think you'll find this useful in other coin routines.

Producing he wallet is an interesting idea. It could lead into a bill routine or allow you to ring in a gaff. Because you've been working with ungaffed coins, I think that would take some heat off of the gaffs later on. I think Lethal Tender (with my apologies to Steve Dusheck) would be an option here. Maybe a Himber wallet or jumbo coin could be used here.

I also thought that a better presentation might be that one coin, a chameleon coin, adopts the appearance of other coins. If the coin changes color just by being heated in the hand, then why have a second coin? I think the chameleon coin justifies the presence of a second coin, explaining the effect of a coin mimicking another coin before reverting to its true form.

For anyone interested in coin magic, this is a great buy at a good price.
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Thanks a lot for all the good words!

Darrin, I appreciate you pointed out the need for such highlights. It's difficult for me as a person who wrote that e-book to realise that something may be unclear for people who haven't seen the whole routine.

There is no video of the whole routine because I didn't want to tease some people to reverse-engineer the routine. I think it may be a good compromise if I recorded a video and linked it in the ebook so that people who purchased it can see how the routine flows in real.

As far as I remember I wrote at the end of the ebook that the item you produce as the final transformation can be anything you could use in your show later on and the wallet is just an example Smile

The last but not the least - The chameleon coin was the first idea that came to my mind. It is not too original though and I wanted to have something more scientific with possibility to perform it as a scientific mystery rather than a magical story-ish thing.
It may be my fault (again) that I didn't explain properly what is the second coin for and what is the justification of its presence. In my performance there are two coins. One is the one with the thermochromic ability to change color (and some other "super powers") and the other one is totally normal. When I place both hands in one hand it becomes obvious that there is only one coin able to change the color even under the same conditions.

Every single magician should have his own patter for each effect after all. That's how I see it. If you find the Chameleon coin works better for you you should stick to it. That's how you make it personal! Smile

R.
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Where can I see the video after purchasing it?
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
You need to go to your account page/digital shelf/Thermochromic - you'll find a PDF, MP4 and WMV there Smile

R.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
In general it is a good idea, if you purchased products from Lybrary.com, to take a look at your digital shelf. You might find a different video format for the video you downloaded, or a format more suitable for small screen mobile readers like Kindle, Nook or Sony Reader. Sometimes we also offer additional supplementary files, all of which can be downloaded from the digital shelf.

And if you have iPhone or iPad you should take a look at the mobile version of the digital shelf which allows you to watch all your videos without syncing them to your device.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
I got a copy of Therm-o-Chromic and I really love it! Some excellent ideas form a very creative thinker!

Well done Radek!
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
mrraemagic
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
9 Posts

Profile of mrraemagic
I have just recently got this from Radek. From my first look here is what I think so far:

The video has been produced well and it is refreshing to see the moves explained from the performers view point. You see very clearly how to do each move. The routine has been broken down into the required sleights and moves first followed by routine and how to put it together. This routine can be easily adapted to those of you who are coin magicians. The flink click pass could be used in many other routines as well along with the other new sleight the Bavel slide.

This is not designed for a beginner to coin magic but it is def something that one could work on and develop. A very nice routine indeed.

The pdf is clear and layed out well. Clear instructions and photos to help as well. Meets the requirements for those of us who like to read effects and those of us who want to see an effect and an explanation.

It is clear that this is something that Radek has worked with a lot and what you see is a good final product and a gem of a trick if you are good with coins. A very good price as well considering what else is on the market.

It may just be one routine but the 2 sleights alone are worth the price.

Very well done Radek and I look forward to seeing future products as well as taking the time to try and nail this routine down.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDXuoU3SEAE&feature=related

Paul
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Hi guys!

Some people asked me to film the actual performance of the trick. I always thought it's a good idea. There it is (finally)!
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m68TbeYYI2Q

R.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Rad as soon as I get a few $$$ saved up to spend.
(we just had a baby here)
I'm going to get a few of your pdf's.
Keep up the pace, I like your style.
Therm O Chronic Rocks Rad!
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Thanks!
Congratulations Duaut! Smile I'm happy for you guys Smile

R.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Getting Hot In Here with RadMak's New "Therm-o-Chromic" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL