We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Fountain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mattia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Mattia
Hello!
I write this post because I would like to make (or buy) a silk fountain. The effect should not be of 30-40 seconds, but longer. I saw a magician who made a silk fountain with (I think) something like 40-50 silks with a size of 45cm! Is it possible?
What is a reasonable number of silks and what could be the size of them to make an interesting and showy effect?
Is it better to buy it or to make it yourself?

Magically,

Mattia
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Mattia:

They're easy enough to make, but you'll still have to buy the silks.
KMFrye
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of KMFrye
I suggest you pick up Duane Laflin's DVD "The Silk Fountain". It's full of tips on how to make, present and optimize a silk fountain.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I made my own from 13 18" silks and a 6' rabbit silk load which I can remove. I sewed a plastic ring either side of the main silks (provided free of charge with the silks by Practical Magic).
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Birdsboro, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Also, check out either the Tarbell set or the Rice's Encyclopedia of Silks

In addition, Bob Sanders on the Café here is a wealth of information on Silks. I am sure he would be happy to provide you with information and/or guidance.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Mattia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Mattia
Ok. Thank You very much
REV BILL
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Burnie Maryland
1028 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I agree that you pick up Duane Laflin's DVD "The Silk Fountain'. It shows all you need.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
..... or talk to Richard Hughes. He is also a wealth of info on the silk fountain. I'll bet you if you have thought it, he has made it.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
Duane Laflin's DVD taught me how to make the Silk Fountain. You can't go wrong with it, or with Richard Hughes. Bob Sanders is another that can tell you anything you need to know about silks. And more!

:)

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mattia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Mattia
Dear Friends,
I watched the Duane Laflin's dvd and I built a silk fountain with 35 silks. Thank You for the advices!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Good for you mattia.

I designed and made my own and I love it.

If you make your own you get the colors you want.

-Mary Mowder
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2984 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
FYI: Check out the May 2013 issue of Genii Magazine. You'll find a new, one-handed silk fountain release I developed while working on the Chicago revival of "Barnum."
http://geniimagazine.com/2013/04/may-2013/
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Fountain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL